Thread: Nature does some strange things!

Nature does some strange things!

I wanted to share this with you folks. I live on a small river and last fall a tree about 30 ft and 18-24" dia broke and fell in the water, with maybe a 3" thick splinter about 12'' wide still attached to the base if the tree. Now this spring , I could not believe that one branch down in the water sprouted leaves, while the rest did not, This tree is hanging on for dear life , I thought this was stange, I have never seen anything like that and thought it was dead for sure! If i can figure out how to post a pic, i will if anybody is interested.

Brent

Re: Nature does some strange things!

Sounds like the tree just won't give up!

Be sure your picture's file size is less than about 80K in size. Smaller is OK too. IrfanView is a good program to resize photos, and it's free which is even better. There are other programs as well.

Then after creating your message, be sure the "I want to preview my post and/or attach a file" is checked.

After you select "Continue", a new screen will appear where you can browse to your file location.

Then just select "Continue" on that screen and it should post both your message and photo file.
    Gary
    ----------------------------------------------
    Hey! Aren't you supposed to be working?

I trimmed my apple trees and threw the larger branches into my pond for habitat for the fish. This was over a month ago, the branches budded out and bloomed and appear to producing fruit. If it quits raining I will try to get a picture of my "water apples".

Brent; Is it some type of willow? I've seen a willow log sprout shoots almost a year after it was cut. [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
    Trucks are red, Tractors are blue.