Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: profitable things to do with 5 acres

Re: profitable things to do with 5 acres

profitable things to do with 5 acres... Subdivide into 1/2 to 1 acre parcels, sell to city folk and then buy 20 acres or more.

[img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Pat [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    "I'm not from your planet, monkey boy!"

Re: profitable things to do with 5 acres

the other day our shoer was fixing one of my bad shoeing jobs and we were sort of complaining how much the area has grown up in the last 10 years. We both missed to open spaces and cattle that used to graze in the area before taken up into the Sierras on thier summer pasture.

What he neglected to tell me was that he bought a 10 acre parcel for under $350,000, brushed it, cleared some of the trees, cut a temp road to and split it. He sold off the nice 5 acres for $375,000 and the back for $345,000. No real estate commission, less fees I figure he walked out with about $330,000.

Next time he whines about the area being built up, I am going to throw a rock at my wifes horse while he is tacking on a back shoe. [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Unless of course he lets me in on a deal like that. [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Mark