Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: note

note

I recieved a IM ( or whatever it's called here) regarding what appears to be an investment opportunity. Why did I get this on this site? It does not appear to be anyone that I know! [img]/forums/images/icons/confused.gif[/img]

Re: note

Who was it from?

I've never had that happen. I'm sure the mods will be very interested.
    Gary
    ----------------------------------------------
    Hey! Aren't you supposed to be working?

Administrator

shade2u2,

For various technical reasons, it is not possible for this forum (or any other forum) to block information that is collected by "robots" -- whether they be from Google, or, "spammers." Since all of our forums are indexed and tracke dby all of the search engines, this allow sanyone's "robto" to collect any information on any page.

Our advice is NOT to put your actual email address in your personal profile.

We are constantly evaluating the security of our forums, and apply all of the available patches, blocks and protections that we devise or become available elsewhere. Unfortunately, the spammers are just as active in getting around these privacy and security measures. [img]/forums/images/icons/mad.gif[/img]

In other words, the best thing is not to use your actual email address in any post, and also just ignore any unwanted messages that arrive.
    Hakim Chishti
    Staff/Moderator

I received a private message from "timbo" on 5/1...

A private message must have come from a member.....right?

I find that frequently one of the "RELATED LINKS" listed at the top of the displayed page will open up and I will suddenly be THERE with no warning or idea of how I got there. I am used to it now and just hit the back button to be returned to my previous locaton in CBN. That is the extent of any commercial interference I have received.

[img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Pat [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    "I'm not from your planet, monkey boy!"

<font color="blue"> I find that frequently one of the "RELATED LINKS" listed at the top of the displayed page will open up and I will suddenly be THERE with no warning or idea of how I got there </font color>

Only one way to get there ... you clicked on it.
    :: D A V E
    :: g a t o r b o y

You know how Pat is, he just clicks his way through life! [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
    Gary
    ----------------------------------------------
    Hey! Aren't you supposed to be working?

GatorDude, Sorry but don't you think I understand about clicking on links? I have had this happen several times (only on this forum for some reason) and it was not by my clicking on the link. There is some sort of glitch. I allow as how it is altogether possible that the glitch may be in my situation, either hardware or softwarre but certainly WAS NOT IN MY WETWARE.

I'm not suffering with the DT's nor have uncontrolled spasms nor short term memory loss where I can't remember for 1-2 seconds that I clicked on something about which I have absolutely no earthly interest and just subconsciously pick at random.

Thanks anyway for your helpful comment. I will give it all due consideration.

HAND,

Pat
    "I'm not from your planet, monkey boy!"

I still stand by my "You clicked on it".

One Theory:
    Do you by chance double-click on web links? I know many people do (why?, not sure) and if on a previous page you double-clicked, it could be that the first click started loading the next CBN page, and the second click happened to be over the Ad link. And then BINGO, you are somewhere else you did not intend to be.
    :: D A V E
    :: g a t o r b o y