Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: deck building

Re: deck building

I have been kicking around composite for a new deck we may put in. I saw a light brown deck the other day with a grease stain near the bbq and I agree......not so pretty. The owner was pretty frustrated because they too had not been able to get it out.

The other thing that seemed odd was that, where their Shephard would lay down there seemed to be this general smudge. I wonder if the oils from his fur were getting on the deck. You sure could see it on the wall at that same spot.

I might have to rethink the composite thing if there is no good way to clean it.
    Mark

<font color="red">WOW</font color>

Have I found the answer! THIS is what the Doctor ordered for decking!

No, I have no idea what it costs. I'm sure I can't afford it! [img]/forums/images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]

Ohhh, but is it purty! [img]/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]

BlueRidge,

Holy cow!!! Here is the price list for that stuff.

A 2x6 of that stuff costs $4.59 a foot. That's $36.72 for a single 8' board. [img]/forums/images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/confused.gif[/img]

It is pretty though...

Shade,

Attached is a pic of the deck we built for the neighbor. He had thought of composite but it was cost prohibitive. Using PT, it came out nice. It's since been stained.

Brian

Holy moly thats a big and nice deck. If you painted a circle on that one part, a helicopter might land by accident.

Thanks.

Shade2u2

What are your plans for below the deck? Since the one we built is similar, I'm going to post a couple more pics to see if they provide any ideas.
    Here's an older picture of the lower level. On the left side a room is going in that goes from the chimney to the back of the house for a small workshop/storage area. From the chimney towards the front of the house, it's only about 3' high. In this area, he put in a wood floor and is using for storage of misc. outdoor "stuff" (off season kids toys and such).

This pic shows the ceiling we put in the lower level.
    Keeps it nice and dry on bad weather days. It's got a pitch of about 2" to let the rain come out.

Last pic.
    Shows concrete floor, ceiling, gutters and such.

Good looking deck! I like the ceiling. Is it that underdeck aluminum stuff?

What do you do with the run off? Gutter?

The ceiling is 28 gauge tin (pre-painted) that was intended to be roof panels.

On the run-off, yes, there are gutters. (Can be seen on the left side of the last picture).