Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What's on YOUR table this weekend??

Re: What\'s on YOUR table this weekend??

I can recall a couple of us (then California lads in the Strategic Air Command) going to the city park in Minot, North (bleeping) Dakota and sweeping the snow off of the table and benches and having a cookout. Don't recall the month but we were subect to snow quite late into the spring.

Grilled Vidalia onions? Hmmm souds sooooooooooooooo sweet. My wife just bought a bag yesterday so I will have to give it a try.

[img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Pat [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    "I'm not from your planet, monkey boy!"

As a Texas boy having spent my share of time at SAC Montana. Pat. I can sympathize with a Cal boy in N Dak.
    ROTLFLMAO.... at that huge city park??

Vidalias, they make such great relish!!too [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Lordy Pat; Minot was in the far south from where I grew up!! [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

And where I gew up would be considered the sunshine belt for many areas in Canada!!

Egon

Egon, the way I heard it there was no intelligent life, permanently resident, north of "the Peg", Winipeg that is. Of course I didn't personally subscribe to that theory. I thought the line maybe should have been drawn south of Minot.

I was only there for 3 years so maybe the weather I experienced was an anomoly but it was in excess of 40 below zero (F or C, it doesn't matter) every year. I was out in -47F.

So Egon, what are your typical lowest winter temps?

[img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Pat [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    "I'm not from your planet, monkey boy!"