Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What's on YOUR table this weekend??

What\'s on YOUR table this weekend??

Menu:

Sat-grilled bratwurts, burgers
    Sun- grilled kokanee salmon
    Mon- ribs ribs ribs [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

but what I miss is my ma's potato salad, who makes potato salad better than their mama?? nobuddy!

What's on your table this weekend?? [img]/forums/images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

Happy holiday everyone, and please take a moment out of your day at 3 pm on Monday to put our differences aside and come together as a nation to remember those who gave their lives to make us free.
    Please join me on Monday for.....ONE NATION, ONE MOMENT

Re: What\'s on YOUR table this weekend??

Bablin' RIGHT ON MAN!!! And beyond the moment of reverent silence... If anyone is priveledged to know a living vet who served in any war... call them up and thank them for answering their country's call. You don't have to agree with any given political view to appreciate the sacrifice so many have made to try to make the world a better place.

My personal HOT BUTTON is WW II vets. I only know a few, personally, and they won't be here forever so I make darn sure they know how proud I am to know them and how much their contribution has meant to our nation and the world.

Anyone recommend a good healthy sausage for the grill????? I don't mind if they are made of ears, butts, and noses of varioius species but I don't need all the saturated fat, salt, and chemicals!

[img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Pat [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    "I'm not from your planet, monkey boy!"

Well lets see....

Friday I grilled Pork Steaks

Sat morning, grilled some country ham for breakfast
    I'm getting ready to grill some wings

Not sure about sunday or monday, but rest assured that it will be good [img]/forums/images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

Pat, my late father served thru 3 wars and countless missions for 34 yrs. I thank him and the other 56,000 that are with him at Ft Logan everytime I'm there.

Sounds like you would like Buffalo /Bison sausage... but me? i love the stuff that's bad for ya!
    This sounds good tho..just remember don't cook it very long or it will dry out.
    Buffalo and more

And BTW, Ft Logan is a gorgeous national cemetary near me.
    Gen Logan was the man that 'created' Memorial day.
    It's a beautiful place, immaculate and serene.
    <font color="blue"> We should guard their graves with sacred vigilance.
    ...All that the consecrated wealth and taste of the Nation can add to their adornment and security is but a fitting tribute to the memory of her slain defenders........
    ...Let no vandalism of avarice or neglect, no ravages of time, testify to the present or to the coming generations that we have forgotten, as a people, the cost of a free and undivided Republic.....
    ...If other eyes grow dull and other hands slack, and other hearts cold in the solemn trust, ours shall keep it well, as long as the light and warmth of life remain in us.
    .........General John A. Logan.. May 5, 1868........
    </font color>

Pat:

You are going to have to formulate, mix,grind, stuff and smoke your own sausage to meet your requiste standards.

Just love cleaning out the casings.

Egon [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    so I make darn sure they know how proud I am to know them

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, I am quite proud of my father. He was a Darby Ranger in WWII. Got out after three years for serving in 5 major campaigns. He told me that when they were asking for volunteers he signed up because he heard they ate better [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img] .

Today it's ribs or ribeye. Tomorrow it's ribs or ribeye. [img]/forums/images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
    Man, I love that vidalia onions are in season, too! [img]/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]

Egon, I don't require the ingredients previously listed, but would accept them to get what I want chemical and fat wise. You'd think in this diet conscious age, someone would make relatively healthy sausage.

[img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Pat [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    "I'm not from your planet, monkey boy!"

Grilled Vidalias??!!! Fred, I'll be right over. Mmmmmm!!!

It's raining and only 50 here, but we'll grill anyway, nuthin I haven't done in snow before!! [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

If the sausage is for sale there are probably lots of guidelines to follow to ensure preservation.

Egon