Thread: a good wood chipper

a good wood chipper

I have had the pleasure of using a variety of chippers over the years; including Troy Built. One way to learn about chippers is to rent them for a day of suffering. Your local rental yard might even have a troy built. Troy builts are good, Bear Cats are better and the money spent is worth it. Happy chipping!

Re: a good wood chipper

Heck, I just throw everything in a burn pile and burn it! It sure is a lot more fun!! [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
    "I hate lucky people, unless I happen to be the lucky person."- Cody Rehberg

G'day, I am involved in tree felling by profession and for me personally, i cant go past a Vermeer for a number of reasons. Firstly safety. Vermeer wood chippers come with a range of safety mechanisms like the "bottom feed stop bar" & "smart feed" which are exclusive to their machines. I like the wide infeed openings which mean i can chuck all the weird shaped logs in there without having to chainsaw them first. The spring loaded fold down tables, electric brakes and double safety chains are also good features to have. Shes a tough machine and im glad i got one. Check em out on
    www.vermeeraustralia.com.au

Mebbe so, but I'm guessing the shipping to the U.S. would be a tad expensive, even assuming it's currently possible.

[img]/forums/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

It should not be very expensive since it is manufactured in the US Vermeer .... Here is a better page Chipper
    Leo

Ah, that do make a difference! Good info on that site.