Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Zoning

Re: Zoning

Stick to your guns! The literal meaning of the wording of the statutes is all so clear. The administrators of the rules have apparently redefined the application of the law to suit themselves or other interests. If nothing else you will force them to rewrite the statute to say what they do rather than what it says now.

Good luck,

[img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Pat [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    "I'm not from your planet, monkey boy!"

Having read the limited information you have provided several things come to mind. 1) the advice of a real estate attourney would be a good thing. Regardless of whether or not you use said attourney to represent you. 2) I'm getting a gut feeling that they are applying residential zoning rules to your property when it is zoned agricultural and that is where some of the confusion is (on thier part not yours). 3) Consider looking for some precedence ie: other land owners with similar zoning and usage as yours or as you want yours to be. Use that to your advantage. You may need to make the land productive (generate income other than appreciation).

I have found that many of the people (not all, but many) who are employed at the various levels of government, Go to work, do thier job, apply the rules as they understand them or have been told to understand them, clock out and go home. I deal with various agencies in my line of work and I'm sorry to say that most of my experience leads me to the opinion that government employees/ civil servants, for the most part, aren't there to do thier part to make the community a better place to live for EVERYBODY. I hear repeatedly that the benefits are great and it's hard to get fired. That message doesn't make me feel warm and fuzzy.

Good luck in your efforts. Be persistant and don't get discouraged.

Respectfully submitted
    "Wisdom isn't free, though your only price is to pay attention"

Totally agree cowboyjg. All these stupid zoning board officials think that they are God and that they should and can tell us how to use our property. And then, WE have to pay them to do it!!!!! [img]/forums/images/icons/mad.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/mad.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/mad.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/mad.gif[/img]
    "I hate lucky people, unless I happen to be the lucky person."- Cody Rehberg

Hi,
    Just had the same problem at our place. I own the property with the house and my dad owns the cropland. He wanted to put up a building and they shot him down. Did a little research and found out that you dont need a permit here if it dosnt have a foundation. So we put up a 10X20 shed sitting on blocks. Good luck. He wanted closer to his place.
    Disco Paul

Put a small bathroom and kitchen in the barn and say it's your residence.