</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
<font color="blue"> Sorry, Mark, but I don't know about the persistence of Sevin the soil, but I don't think it's a concern. The link you provided is interesting, but it does say something about being for the pure active ingredient, </font color>

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, to make it seem much worse than it really is, methinks. Toxicologists have a saying, "The toxin is in the dose." Even arsenic is beneficial in the right dosage - it used to be the preferred cure for African Sleeping Sickness.

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
<font color="blue"> and of course, Sevin is used on fruits and vegetables. I've always been inclined to think it's one of the safest insecticides to use, but I'm certainly no expert and have no technical knowledge. </font color>

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I"ll email a chemist friend of mine and see if he knows anything about it. His family's business is manufacturing a fumigant (used on strawberries) and he's had to do some exhaustive testing to see what the fumigant leaves behind when it breaks down in the soil. The EPA was pretty much on a witch hunt against them during the Clinton years - trying to shut them down. But they came up clean, time after time. Anyway, he had to do a lot of researh into the area of soil persistance, so he may have some info on Sevin.