Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: 2 Booster Pumps, Same Mainline

Re: 2 Booster Pumps, Same Mainline

[img]/forums/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] Yep,....that's fairly close except for the source line being pressure controlled instead of straight float controlled. I can see that you use the booster at the source well to overcome the line friction. [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    CJDave

Ummm,

Any chance that one tank will run dry before the other?

What happens then?

Martin

[img]/forums/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] If the tanks are on the same elevation, why not plumb them together? One large line connecting them would do it and that way you would not have to have that second booster. You could put the float tank ahead and the booster pump tank second. The water flows thru the first tank to the second. [img]/forums/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] If the tanks are of unequal height, just match the tops and that will prevent overflow. Put the booster pumping out of the lowest tank opening, wherever it is. [img]/forums/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
    CJDave

[img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Egon......them boys from REDA submersible pumps has been around a long time. REDA was a popular brand in the sixties and seventies and still is today. Here's something interesting.......the AVERAGE life expectancy for a domestic water well submersible is seven years. I know of some that are twenty-plus and still counting. Water quality and suspended sand particles determine the life of those high speed pumps...(3600 RPM)..YOW! I personally set a RED JACKET sub at 740 feet of depth in 1968; can you imagine that? When we pulled the old one out we had to be extremely careful to manage the power cable in a safe manner because if the pump got away from us and headed for the bottom, that electrical cable could be a whirling menace and grab someone's leg very easily. [img]/forums/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] The deepest turbine i ever set myself was 840 feet. That's 840 feet of 8" column pipe, 840' of 2-1/2" enclosing tube and 840' of 1-1/2" lineshaft. That made my rig squat a little when we set the last of it down on the deck. [img]/forums/images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]
    CJDave