Thread: replacement barn windows and barn doors

replacement barn windows and barn doors

I'm purchasing a home that has a barn with two garage doors and I was thinking of replacing the two doors with one barn door and adding more windows. Does anyone have a source in the Northeast to buy barn accessories like windows and sliding barn doors with hardware

Thanks in advance

Re: replacement barn windows and barn doors

I quess I stumped the group with this question. [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Some barn experts. [img]/forums/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Jim; Not stumped, just hadn't seen your post for some reason. [img]/forums/images/icons/confused.gif[/img] Any lumber yard worth anything should have the hardware you need for the sliding doors. The ones I've put together used 2 by lumber for the door framing. I would think you could frame openings in the door for new construction type windows. These have a nail flange around the frame that is covered with trim.

Good luck, and I'll try to be a little more aware in the future. [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
    Trucks are red, Tractors are blue.

Jim,

Tractor supply also carries some of the hardware you might be looking for. If it's complete doors you are looking for then yes I am stumped and would search the web fo some leads.
    "Wisdom isn't free, though your only price is to pay attention"

This may be a little late but I just found this looking for barn plans: www.wdstar.com
    Livin' the dream.