Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is a 2006 ford the same as 2005

Is a 2006 ford the same as 2005

OK you all,
    Heres my question . I need to purchase a grill guard for my 2006 F250 4x4 . No one ,including the dealer can tell me if the front bumper mounting is the same as the 2005 . I have contacted a number of grill guard company's and they don't know . Short of parking side by side to a 2005 F250 ,getting out a tape and crawling under one ,does anyone know the answer to this question ???
    Allen

Re: Is a 2006 ford the same as 2005

Don't tell me that the parts guy doesn't know! [img]/forums/images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]

I'd think that all he has to do is see if the bumpers are the same part number.

Failing that, check with a body shop.
    Gary
    ----------------------------------------------
    Hey! Aren't you supposed to be working?

He tells me that new years get new part numbers !!! Guess I better go get the measuring tape out and go back to the dealer and compare it to a 2005 .
    Thanks Allen

That's a heck of a way to organize things. I work for Boeing, and in our logistics database, for military A/C anyway, we cross reference superceded and superceding parts. That means if Part A is replaced by Part B at ship #200, the database reflects that. If the new part has any interchangeability with the old part, the database shows that via a Usable on code.

I can't believe that a major manufacturer doesn't have the same kind of records. [img]/forums/images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]
    Gary

Gary, Several major manufacturers have that sort of definition in their logistics systems. Try Toyota, Nisan, etc. Oh, you wondered why FORD doesn't do that. I guess it would be too simple and straight forward and might elliminate some union jobs.

[img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Pat [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    "I'm not from your planet, monkey boy!"

I guess I should have specified FORD rather than a major manufacturer? [img]/forums/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
    Gary

The Superduty received a major facelift for the 2005 model year. Given that manufacturers almost never make major changes 2 years running I would say that the 2005 accessories should fit the 2006.

Gregg
    Remember - If I sound like I know nothing about farming it's because I really don't!

Gary, I think you got my drift. I have been having some chuckles regarding Ford's doing a copy cat on GM's employee discount campaign. They brag about the hugh discount you can get. I read this as telling us how bad they ordinarily rip us off except right now when they need to turn a quick buck.

[img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Pat [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Chrysler too. Same deal.
    Gary

Gary, GM, Ford, Chrysler... AKA the lemmings. They are all going off the cliff together.

By the way... a good friend with an '05 Prius (just like mine in color accessories etc.) reported yesterday that he got 48.x MPG from Oklahoma City (actually Norman, home of OU) to Washington state. His short term mileage dipped to about 36-38 when he cruised at 85 for extended periods. This is with A/C of course. I know his driving style (depleted uranium foot, i.e. heavier than a lead foot!)

[img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Pat [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]