Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is a 2006 ford the same as 2005

Re: Is a 2006 ford the same as 2005

I'm just got 52000 miles on mine. I wore out the OEM tires at about 44K and now am running Michlin Harmonys. I think the new tires have a higher rolling resistance as my overall milage has dropped about 2 MPG. I drive the same route and speed 90% of the time.

Guess I'll be looking at an '06 or '07 soon.
    Gary
    ----------------------------------------------
    Hey! Aren't you supposed to be working?

We have just over 10K on our '04 and plan to drive it till it won't unless it violates one of my requirements (listed here in kinda sorta pripority order):

1. safe
    2. reliable
    3. economical
    4. comfortable

Gee Gary, don't you want to wait for a hydrogen powered fuel cell car? They are just around the corner aren't they? Then there is the cold fusion powered car, the solar powered car, the "dark" energy powered car... Oh yeah and don't forget naquadria (sp?)

[img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Pat [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    "I'm not from your planet, monkey boy!"

And here I thought it was all about Nitrogen?? [img]/forums/images/icons/confused.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/confused.gif[/img]

egon [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Egon, sounds like it's some kind of gas, Eh! [img]/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]
    Gary

Gary, Right again... "...its a gas gas gas Jumpin' Jack Flash!"

Sure its about the Nitrogen... wink wink. I used to enjoy causing the rapid release of moderate quantities of nitrogen. When I was in about the 4th grade my Gilbert chemistry set (my dad bought it for a quarter at an auction) had instructons and ingredients for a mixture that would rapidly release nitrogen. I scaled up the experiment and made a cofee can full of this INTERESTING stuff.

As the wind was blowing out my matches as fast as I could light them, I ran out of matches and went in the house to borrow his lighter. He asked "what for?" and I replied to light a mixture I made with my chemistry set (neglecting to mention the bicycle trip to the drugstore for larger quantities of the ingredients.) He inquired as to the nature of the ingredients and I replied 75% potassium nitrate, 15% sulphur, and 10% charcoal but my attempt to obfuscate via chemical mumbo jumbo didn't help and he inquired as to how much of this black gunpowder I made.

He was not pleased that I had made a cofee can full and was seeking shelter in an interior corner of a flower bed up against the front porch trying in vain to avoid the wind so I could light this magical stuff. He relieved me of the mixture and poured it on a sheet of newspaper in the middle of the carport floor and lit the paper. Not being constrained there was no spectacular buildup of pressure, just a fizzle fizzle sputter sputter WHOOSH.

He claims that , if successfull, in my approach I would have blown the porch off of the house and probably scattered my body parts all over the front lawn, and irritated the neighbors. This was NOT my last experiment with the MAGICAL powder that can emit large quantities of nitrogen gas. I'm not sure how the statute of limitations applies to the actions of pre-teens so I won't go into details of a MAGICAL liquid that can release quantities of nitrogen way faster than the MAGICAL powder but has to be handled with great caution. This historical epoch, of course, predated Homeland Security, Patriot Acts, etc. and was just good fun (with a slight danger of personal injury that could on a bad day qualify you for a Darwin Award but woud not have the slightest possibility of getting you scrutinized as a TERRORIST.

Oh... FORDS... yeah, we didn't have one then.

[img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Pat [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Good fun Pat!

Did you ever treat iodine crystals with ammonia and strain the resulant sludge through filter paper?

Here's a tip. Be sure to separate the precipitate into very small amounts BEFORE it dries.

A little piece on a doorknob will go off when someone grabs the knob to open the door. Leaves interesting brown stains on their hands too.

Oh, and I have a Ford. Need to stay on topic. [img]/forums/images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
    Gary

Gary, I have made lots of it from my later grade school days on... It is also neat on a pencil eraser and bits scattered wet in the hall at school were fun too. The precipitate is a nitride of iodine and when it "goes off" it leaves an iodine stain. The rapidly produced and expelled nitrogen provides the bang. Very unstable stuff. Likely to go off when drying for no particular reason. Sunlight can set it off by causing mechanical motion during expansion.

This stuff can be put on ford door handles as well. The liquid to which I referred was nitro glycerine. It is easy to make but not easy to make and store safely.

[img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Pat [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

I knew the material you were referring to. I remember reading a supposedly true story years back where the main character had manufactured the substance in question. When discovered and arrested by the authorities, he supposedly got off on an insanity plea because he had several quart jars of the stuff on his fireplace mantel. He lawyer said that if this didn't prove he was nuts nothing would! [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    Gary

Wow.

16 replys to a simple question, and 1 (ok, 1 1/2) of the replys are actually relevant to the posters original question.

I'm sure if Big Al wanted to hear about your Toyota, or your opinion on American manufacturers, or any of the other completely irrelevant information you've posted over and over on topic after topic, he would have asked those questions instead of the one he asked.

It's no wonder I've stopped reading this site on a regular basis, and even less of a wonder why it's become as stagnant as a summer puddle.

Don't bother with the snide replys - It's highly unlikely I'll bother to come back to read them.

Gregg
    Remember - If I sound like I know nothing about farming it's because I really don't!

Hi Guy's ,
    Ok I finally ordered my grill guard for my 2006 Ford F250 and YES!!! It is the same as a 2005 model .Fits prefect! Sorry about the late reply as I been at the ranch in Idaho since my last post . Big Al