Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New School Year

New School Year

Well, August 1st is our 1st day of school here and boy I can't wait. This will be my first year in high school. Thank the lord I was able to sign up for two ag classes, Ag crop production and management and Ag Mechanic. Just wanted to let everyone know!! [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
    "I hate lucky people, unless I happen to be the lucky person."- Cody Rehberg

Re: New School Year

Congratulations! I have a grandson who is just one year ahead of you in school, but apparently your school starts two weeks before his does this year.

You start on August 1st????

Oh my. What happened to summer vacation. Oh yea, it's almost always warm in GA. Up here, we're only 1/2 way through the warm part of summer.

I grew up in W. NY. Our school started about the 2nd week of September but we didn't finish until the end of June and hoped the snow was all gone by then. Most years it was, but not every.

Have fun and enjoy your classes.

<font color="blue"> ( Oh my. What happened to summer vacation. ) </font color>

He may go to a year-round school. I know of some places that run several tracks -- each runs 9 weeks of class followed by 3 weeks of vacation. They offset the tracks so that the school is open almost year-round. While some kids are on vacation, others are in school.

Eveyone gets off for Christmas vacation and 5 weeks in the summer.

I wish they would run this type of system here.
    :: D A V E
    :: g a t o r b o y

Dave,

I wasn't aware of that system but it does sound like a good idea.

Hold up now, I sure don't. The reason we have to go back so early is that we get off so early, in May to be exact. We also get a week of break in early fall, a week of christmas break, and a week of spring break along with other misc. holidays. Ahh, the sweet life!!! [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/wink.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

<font color="blue"> ( Hold up now, I sure don't. ) </font color>

You end up going the same number of days in a year-round school. It sure helps keep the kids from having to "get back to speed", after the current summer vacation.

Summer vacation is obsolete -- the reason for it was so the children could help on the farm -- well the percentage of kids that work a farm during the summer is very small.

Well, that is defiently an opinion that we don't share. My classmates and I agree that summer break is the best thing that ever happened to schools!! [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

<font color="blue"> ( My classmates and I agree that summer break is the best thing that ever happened to schools ) </font color>

You and your friends don't understand life yet --- 20 years from now think about this again --- I bet your answer changes.

Most kids during the summer are bored stiff halfway through.

Ah, yes, they may be bored stiff but I have FARMING to do. And anyways, they don't complain about being bored stiff!!! [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]