Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: grilled corn on the cob?

Re: grilled corn on the cob?

Danged, missed out again but I think I'd have passed on BBQ sauce on the salad.

The Wah melon is just not a favorite of mine. For some reason I do not like it. Why I don't know.

Maybe if I make an early morning run I might find some fresh goodyear meat and pick up a few pieces of wood to burn the meat with!! [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Doc tells me I,m to forgo as much salt as possible which sure makes a difference on the corn.

Egon

Pat, I thought all BBQ sause was tomato based being from NC. The town I live nearest is Lexington, and that is the last word on BBQ if you live here. Our BBQ sause is tomato, pepper, and vinager based, some spicer than others. The Tony Roma sause is more like dessert because it is sweet, sorta honey tasting, but goes good on chicken.
    We swab our BBQ with sause while we are cooking, I guess to keep it moist. We also have the same sause to put on after cooking. I was raised out in the country in Davie county and always ate what we called mayonaise slaw, but here in Lexington the slaw is also tomato based, I still don't like that but Vickie thinks that is the only kind of slaw.Later, Nat

Brother.... when it comes to eatin, aint much that hasnt been down my gullit. BUT>>>tomato based slaw aint one. Now I'm happy to try most anything cept squid and such. My wife has a homemade rice puddin thats been in the family a looonnngg time. I'll trade ya the slaw for the puddin if you're interested. just to try now mind ya.
    "Wisdom isn't free, though your only price is to pay attention"

Cowboy , I'm with you Everyboby laughs at me cause I eat everything, excepting tomato sandwiches. The look good smell good and look so refreshing on a hot summer day, and I try one every year to see if my taste changed, but I still don't like em. Other than that I eat everything including squid. I want tomatoes cooked in everything, and love tomato juice,catsup,pickled green tomatoes, fried green tomatoes, just don't like tomato sandwiches.
    Hey, Bird, Do you still live anywhere near Witchata Mt? I swear that can't be the same sky above there as the one here. I didn't know there were that many stars. One of them longhorns came uo behind me and snorted as I was taking a predawn walk one morning, and man that will make the back of your neck feel funny.
    Pat I cheated and use you , well I don't really think it was a recipe, anyway I sauteed some onions, green pepper, banana pepper, russet potatoes, and a smoked sausage for supper and it was great. I walk outside and stand for a few minutes just so I can smell it when I come back in. Later, Nat

Nat, I live about 190 miles from the Wichita Mountains now, and in fact, haven't been there since 1963.

And like you, I never cared for tomato sandwiches. I'll eat the tomatoes without the bread, and I like sliced tomatoes on almost any kind of sandwich, but not just tomato, bread, and mayonnaise like my wife eats.

cept squid

In the greek cusine tihis may be called Calamari and combined with the proper sauce is just plain good eatin!! [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Egon

The difference between squid and calamari is around a few dollars a pound.

[img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Pat [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    "I'm not from your planet, monkey boy!"

Ya ever try just slicing a banana and frying it up? Yum... [img]/forums/images/icons/wink.gif[/img] </font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    anyway I sauteed some onions, green pepper, banana pepper, russet potatoes, and a smoked sausage for supper

[/ QUOTE ]

I have no idea why I never tried ths sooner. This evening I fixed hamburgers. I had just picked some jalepenos and banana peppers. I julienned them and lightly sauteed them and placed the jalapenos in my burger and the bananas in mom's and my wife's. Everyone was happy.

[img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Pat [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    "I'm not from your planet, monkey boy!"

Surprised nobody mentioned one I just found out...

Grill the corn and then slather it with mayo, chilli powder and cheese.

I saw this on BBQ U and went "HUH?"... then I tried it. Very tasty!