Thread: Any ideas? Covering well pipe.

Any ideas? Covering well pipe.

We are having our 5" well dug this week at our new house and i was curious if anybody has a good landscaping solution for blending the pipe that sticks up with a yard design.

Thanks

Brent

Re: Any ideas? Covering well pipe.

Can't think of a design but would recomend any electrical cables that are above ground be well protected from accidental encounter with a hard object.

Even though the casing should be sealed remember things may be able to get into the cap when you do the landscaping.

Egon

There are a whole host of ideas you could use. One would be a barrel, open at the bottom so you could place it over the pipe, with a top that could be removed. The top could be recessed some inside which you could put a few potted plants. At the base you could create a small garden that might include a small old child size wheel barrow on it's side with flowers surrounding the wheel barrow and barrel with a border of some kind.

Just one of many suggestions..... [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    "Wisdom isn't free, though your only price is to pay attention"

If it fits your plan, they make hollow fiberglass "rocks" that can be used to conceal well heads and the like.

Here's one site: http://www.bolderconcepts.ca/index.php
    Gary
    ----------------------------------------------
    Hey! Aren't you supposed to be working?

Thanks guys,

cowboy and gary

My wife is drawing up plans with barrels and wagon wheels and i have been checking out the sites with the fake rocks, great ideas!
    I came up with a blank when my wife asked me what to do with that pipe issue, our house is coming along so fast my head has been spinning with all the plumbing , hvac and electrical decisions on the inside. you guys are lifesavers [img]/forums/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

egon
    good advice on the wire issue, i will make sure we address that when the well gets at the wiring stage.

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    you guys are lifesavers

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, to be accurate, cowboy is more like a Certs and Gary is kinda like an Altoids.

And egon.... Well, we don't know what to make of him. Hall's Mentho-lyptus?

[img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

[img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

I resemble that remark! [img]/forums/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
    Gary
    ----------------------------------------------
    Hey! Aren't you supposed to be working?

When we recently had our well dug, the well digger said it would be small, and we could cover it up with a dog house. So I had the idea of putting a 'wishing well' over it. (which, of course, would also be very symbolic)

Well, the pipe, itself, is small. But by the time you put the electrical in for the pump, and the pipes with outlets, and some other box that I don't know what it is, it's on a cement pad that is certainly much bigger than any doghouse!

We currently have a 'tent' with sides over the entire area, including our generator and air compressor(we have our road and a well, but nothing else yet), but I'm thinking that ultimately, I'll probably plant some kind of hedge in front of the whole thing, with a walkway to get to it.