Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Harbor Freight Log Splitters

Re: Harbor Freight Log Splitters

The only log splitters I have used were neighbor's when I lent a hand. One sells firewood commercially and has some BBQ shop accounts as well. My take is that if you do it much then bigger is better.

If I had a real fireplace (I have 4 gas log setups in the new house) I'd be looking for a splitter that would plug into the aux hydraulics on the back of the tractor so as to not have yet another little ICE to care for. That would provide plenty of hydraulic power for a good production rate. I hate having to wait for an underpowered machine. If 2/3 to 3/4 of the time is waiting for the ram to finish ramming it is a time waster. I have other things to do than tap my foot and wait for a slow machine.

Your mileage may vary. You may have nothing else to do and waiting for the economical underpowered splitter might be a pleasant interlude gently breaking up the monotony of your daily routine.

Pat
    "I'm not from your planet, monkey boy!"

Re: Harbor Freight Log Splitters:Update on 30t?

Here's an update, 3 years on:
    http://www.hearth.com/econtent/index...wthread/23743/

Please take the time to read through to the end. My splitter has a serious cylinder failure. If you have experienced anything similar, I'd appreciate hearing from you.

Thanks

Re: Harbor Freight Log Splitters

I know that you can buy the log splitter with high quality and cheaper .
    pls check the website: www.maxrich.cn where you can get good answers..