Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Harbor Freight Log Splitters

Re: Harbor Freight Log Splitters

In fact, looking at your picture, couldn't a guy just flip the control valve over to put it a little closer to the operator?

Gary
    40 acres of northern Colorado Ponderosas, Firs and Juniper and a little cabin to hide out in.

home in S. GA, cabin in the middle of 35 acres in WNC mountains

I think there is a metal hydraulic line that comes into the valve and to flip it that would have to be replaced. I don't have the splitter here in Ga with me. It is at my place in NC. That is the only photo that I have of it. I don't think it would be much of a problem to change. I tried to attach a PDF file of the owners manual last night but couldn't. I think I downloaded it from the Harbor Freight site.

Logan,

Sorry for the delayed reply - I've been up elk hunting for the past few days.

NP on the pictures. Your info has been helpful. I'll take a look when I get mine and see if the valve can be flipped, I'm sure I can make something up. Also, I have the owner's manual from the HF web site.

Regards,

Gary
    40 acres of northern Colorado Ponderosas, Firs and Juniper and a little cabin to hide out in.

UPDATE: I ordered a Harbor Freight 30-ton splitter but it's been on backorder since mid-Sept. and they keep pushing the date out. I finally got tired of waiting (need to get my wood in soon!) and went and bought a Speeco 25-ton splitter today. The Speeco is very well built and has a 10.5 HP Briggs Industrial/Commercial engine on it. It cost me more but just couldn't wait on HF any longer.

Gary

I guess it was on the slow boat from China. [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

-dave

Dave,

Yes, it seems so! Did you ever get yours or did you take a different route as well?

Gary

No after reading some of the post I think I will go another direction as well. I havent yet. Not real excited about waiting, then having to build it.

-dave

I would really recommend you look at the Speeco then. I will be using it for the first time this weekend and will have a better assessment then but so far I'm very happy with the quality and features. Everything looks to be sturdy, of top quality and craftsmanship and just messing with it in the garage it seems that the ergonomics are just right. I can't see anything that they cut corners on. And it is made here in the USA (Golden, CO).

Gary

Thanks...will do. Not sure who sells them around here. I'm going to need to do something in the next couple weeks. Winter is not here yet, but its on its way.

Thanks again,

-dave

Try Tractor Supply Company (http://www.mytscstore.com/default.asp). According to the website there are 3 stores in Missouri. I believe the splitters they sell are OEM'd from Speeco - they certainly look identical.

FARMINGTON #351
    604 WALMART DR - FARMINGTON, MO 63640-3315
    (573) 756-9300
    map & driving directions

KIRKSVILLE #364
    2302 S BALTIMORE ST - KIRKSVILLE, MO 63501-4631
    (660) 627-6333
    map & driving directions

CAPE GIRARDEAU #266
    501 S KINGS HIGHWAY ST - CAPE GIRARDEAU, MO 63703-5713
    (573) 334-5971
    map & driving directions