Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Harbor Freight Log Splitters

Hybrid View

Re: Harbor Freight Log Splitters

Logan,

Thanks for the information. The 30-ton model is currently $1099+$38 shipping. (30-ton is overkill but at that price what the heck!) I'll be hauling mine on a road-legal trailer to get it to my property then I'll tow it around with an ATV as required.

How do you find the ergonomics of the control lever position? It seems like it would be hard to reach when used horizontally.

Thanks!

Gary
    40 acres of northern Colorado Ponderosas, Firs and Juniper and a little cabin to hide out in.

home in S. GA, cabin in the middle of 35 acres in WNC mountains

I haven't used it in the upright position other that to just try it once. It heavey to flip up. In fact its heavy PERIOD. In the horizontal position you do have to lean over the engine slightly to work the lever. But its no problem. I am short, 5'7" so that may make a difference to some people. I am going to try to attach a photo of it to show a different perspective that what you see in the adds. I thought everything you order from Harbor Freight over the internet included free shipping. Has that changed? Any way all of the metal is heavy and all the welds are excellent. I would buy another in a heartbeat.

Thanks again, Logan. I went ahead and ordered one based on my research and your recommendation (no pressure! [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img] ) Would still be interested in photos tho if not too much trouble - I'm sure it would help others here as well.

The shipping was technically $8.99 and there was a $30.00 handling charge because it is a "Truck Item".

Gary
    40 acres of northern Colorado Ponderosas, Firs and Juniper and a little cabin to hide out in.

In fact, looking at your picture, couldn't a guy just flip the control valve over to put it a little closer to the operator?

Gary

I got one of the manual 10 ton splitters for building up upper body strength for hockey. That is all I need since I burn mostly swamp maple. I had trouble with it until I drained out the jack oil, cleaned the valves, and refilled with tractor hydraulic oil. I think the jack oil was ok, but I have tractor hydaulic oil on hand. When I get into the crotch wood I get the workout I want. It was a hundred bucks on sale and needs no gas, and I can use it in the basement. I am also designing a plate for the wedge, so I will have a hydraulic press when I need one.

I know that you can buy the log splitter with high quality and cheaper .
    pls check the website: www.maxrich.cn where you can get good answers..