Pat, yes I did pour it down the well, and of course I have a fondness for taking polls in person, and on this forum. How else am I supposed to draw on others knowledge when I have none on a particular subject. [img]/forums/images/icons/confused.gif[/img] Like I said before, nobody will be using any of the water until it passes testing. However, I want to try to fix it first. There's no sense in testing when I've done nothing to clear the water yet. I don't need someone to tell me my water is bad when I can already clearly see that fact. We won't be moving in for another month still, and I can run the water continuously until then. Surely all the purex would be out by then. Then I will test and hopefully it will pass. If not, I'll have to take it from there. I'm just the type who always trys to fix problems myself rather than paying a "professional". (sometimes I wonder) Obviously I'll have to use professionals for the test itself, but I never intended to have someone else fix the water when I can do it myself. That's the whole reason I asked about it on this forum in the first place. P.S. The fact that the water cleared up almost instantly leads me to believe that the stagnant water was in fact only in the tank and lines, and not the well itself. However, this whole experience has instilled just enough paranoia in me, that I will probably continue to have the water tested twice a year instead of annually, just to be safe.