Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Stacking cordwood to measure it.

Re: Stacking cordwood to measure it.

Well, I realized that stacking it would be pretty easy. I've got three boys (9, 11, 12) I can put to work! [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

So I did. Marked out a 4x8 spot with string, and told the boys what to do. A while later, they had it all done, and it came pretty close to 4 feet high. It wasn't perfectly within the string, so I call it close enough.

I'd say the dealer's honest, and I'll buy from him again.

Oh, yeah, THEN the boys got to move it to where we're storing it. The best part is, they LIKE doing this stuff! [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    The best part is, they LIKE doing this stuff!

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL! I remember when my son thought mowing the lawn with the self-propelled mower was pretty cool. That lasted about 1 month! [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Good to hear you got a fair deal.

Gary
    40 acres of northern Colorado Ponderosas, Firs and Juniper and a little cabin to hide out in.

Iwill second that. My son thought the same thing. but after awile he lost interest.
    I sold a few cords of wood, and with birch, ash ,maple, and some oak, a seasoned cord that I had stacked just barely fit into a one ton truck with sides. and it sure 'sagged' .
    Al