Thread: Eaves

Eaves

Just wondering if there is any way of sealing seams and cracks in eaves if you just can't afford to change them this year. It would need to last through the winter and into the summer when we plan to change them.

Any ideas?

Re: Eaves

Have any pictures??? Need for more information.
    "Wisdom isn't free, though your only price is to pay attention"

I'll take some pictures tomorrow morning if it's not raining too hard.

It depends on where the surfaces are and the size of the cracks. Are these cracks in wood siding/soffits?

If the cracks are underneath the eaves, in the soffits etc, you can get by with caulking the cracks real well I would think. Most modern caulk is painable after a few hours, a quick primering and touch up with finish color coat after wards should see you thru to spring.

It's actually the eavestrough. They are metal and the seams are leaking and there is a hairline crack on one piece. We have to attach a piece but that's a separate issue. I've had a hard time attaching a photo. It's only a jpeg but it says it's too large.

AAAHHHH....Now I understand. Well there are a host of materials available for bonding to metal that you could use. Of course it is important to identify the type of metal you have. Hit the hardware store and tell them you're wanting a paste like material that you can that you can spread like a putty on the cracks and work into the seams. there are premixed and those that require mixing. Some will will have a limited working time. Keep this in mind. If you were looking for a permanent fix it would be a different story. Making sure the surface of the metal is clean and dry when you apply will be critical.

Good luck
    "Wisdom isn't free, though your only price is to pay attention"

Thanks. [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] I'll let you know how it goes.