Thread: Challenged

Challenged

Who said the good old days of schooling were better???

After an uneventgfull 5 hour flight we arrived at our son's home in Edmonton last evening.

After breakfast this morning I was going to check on the hurricane news.

Yea sure, no problems, just turn on the TV and find a news channel!! [img]/forums/images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]

Seems this little step requires the use of four different controllers, each of which preform various different function's. Sound could be found for some channels, a picture came on for one channell but had no inclination to follow the sound. other combinations found fuzz and static or just plain silence. Admitting defeat there was an attempt made at turrning the whole system off. Note; I said attempt! [img]/forums/images/icons/confused.gif[/img] Finally found the main plug and pulled it.

No way us old folks will let them new fangled machines get the better of us. We know where the power supply is! [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Found the computer and got my information there.

Egon [img]/forums/images/icons/confused.gif[/img]

Re: Challenged

I'm reminded of the scene in the movie "The Longest day" where the APC wouldn't start and the Beachmaster just gave it a bash with his big stick. He said it just needed to be shown who's boss.

Guess you're the boss up there Egon! [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    Gary
    ----------------------------------------------
    Hey! Aren't you supposed to be working?

I wish!

Egon [img]/forums/images/icons/confused.gif[/img]

No you don't egon......being the boss means all roads lead to ...YOU..... [img]/forums/images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]

[img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
    "Wisdom isn't free, though your only price is to pay attention"