Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Using Magnets to Soften Water

Re: Using Magnets to Soften Water

Enjoy your placebo effect, Rayco. When you have something scientific to show us (I mean, something that relates to water hardness), please come on back.

Rayko, I read your posts and your referenced materials, and I have only a few comments to make. I know of no state in which the appropriate legal authorities (i.e., the Attorney General in the State of Texas) have reviewed the scientific studies and advertised claims and NOT issued a "cease and desist" order to the magnetic device seller/manufacturer.

Many years back, I was an assistant SysOp on the old GEnie forums, and was hit with a legal order to stop challenging the effectiveness of the magnets. I responded with a public offer to test their operations on a Reverse Osmosis system, with the offer to buy their product if it worked - and for them to pay damages to the equipment if it failed. They never took me up on my offer. That offer still stands. Now, let me point out that part of that offer includes my inspection of their system prior to installation. You see, there's a number of ways to make water APPEAR softer for a while (like using a polyphosphate additive) that some of the devices I've seen try to use.

I wish that there was a reasonable alternative to water softeners, because if there was I'd sell them. But until someone can show me that they REALLY work, I'll stay with what does. Oh - and "softer scale" doesn't count - if you'll regularly blow down boilers/hot water heaters, the scale IS softer and will blow down more easily. It doesn't negate the fact that any recirc lines will still scale up.....

What about a magnet in the shape of a pyramid? Alpaca? Llama?

How about labeled "As seen on TV???"

Maybe with a previously undiscovered personal endorsement from Mother Teresa.

Sold door to door by ex (or concurrent) Amway sales persons?

Has anyone given serious consideration to the magnetic field strength and orientation of the natural magnetic field extant at Lourdes? Maybe there is a corelation with the miraculous cures effected there.

What about with an endorsement from both Mark Cranston and Margo Lane?

In the late 50's Brother Oral Roberts (later of Oral Roberts University fame) had a TV show where he used to exhort his viewers to place their hands on the screen of their TV set and feel the healing power of God (pronounced GAH-AWD) coming to them over the air waves.

So how about if we piped water by the screen of a TV set where it would be acted on by electric fields, MAGNETIC fields, and who knows just what other powerful influences?

And now in unison... 1,2,3... M__I__C______ K__E__Y___Why? Because we LOVE YOU! (OK... BIG FINISH)___ M__O__U__S__E

My sense of humor is still intact, Rayko. Here is hoping your's is too in spite of any passive aggressive posturing. Oh, you too, have a nice day. I think we all have enjoyed your posts for all they are worth.

[img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Pat [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    "I'm not from your planet, monkey boy!"

I have friends that live in Nigeria who require just a small amount of expense money so as to obtain access to the great wealth to which they are entitled and which they would like to share with the kind person who assists them.

Kindly reply before their just and desperate cause is abandoned.

SLOBuds, Is their "GREAT WEALTH" IN magnets or do they NEED magnets in order to achieve great wealth?

Perhaps there are added value approaches to the peaceful use of magnets to improve our daily lives. Magnets might be affixed to purple martin houses in order to increase the birds effectivness at mosquito population control. Although university studies have shown that purple martins don't eat mosquitos, perhaps with sufficient quantities of magnets their behavior could be modified. Maybe this change could be effected more readily if the magnetic bird houses were pyramidal shaped and had TV screens.

I did see a supposedly homeless guy at a busy intersection flourishing a cardboard message board at passing motorists on which he proclaimed that he would work for magnets.

Since the demise of the Soviet Union there has been way too little attention paid to the MAGNET GAP.

I'm sorry, I gotta go... A TV special is comming on, it is all about the role of magnets in creation science.

[img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Pat [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Honorable Mr. or Ms. PAT ,

PAT , magnets are NOT required. I DESPERATELY REPEAT that MAGNETS ARE ***NOT*** REQUIRED. Great wealth can be obtained via expeditious alactricty with the simple technique of CERTIFIED transfers between our private and secure bank accounts. PAT ,my highly esteemed personal barron will contact you momentarily with the necessary information on the way to your impending wealth.

Kindly have the following information at your disposal: your social security number, drivers license photocopy, bank account number, mother's maiden name, shirt size and exact location where your first child was conceived, PAT .

You have made a wise decision PAT .

SLOBuds, It has been a long time since I was involved in gender confusion. I applied for summer school at Eastern New Mexico University immediately after graduation from HS. When I showed up at the dorm to which I was assigned I was informed that ordinarily men were not allowed beyond the lobby but that I could cary Pat's bags up to her room. When I informed them that I was Pat and that Patrick as well as Patricia often wrote about themselves as Pat they informed me that I could wait in the loby while they found another dorm assignment for me.

I realize this is the stuff of TV comedy, cheap drugstore wigs, etc. All this raced through my mind as I contemplated various ramifications of having been assigned to the freshman girls dorm. It still turned out to be an INTERESTING summer after I was set up in a room at the dorm where married students and teachers back for additional coursework were staying.

[img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Pat [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Some times when I need a 'personal hygene break', I walk up to the Men's Room then take a sharp SECOND look at the Men's Room sign. Some times I also say to myself, and whomever is in the general location, 'This IS the Men's room, isn't it?'

I attended college later in life, blessed with family including children. It meant that I also had a day job to support all of them. And the 'day job' was actually a night job. So life at that time was pretty hazy between family, work, and college.

One particularly sleepy day, nature called while I was on campus and luckily there was a rest room near by. As I walked into the rest room, I noticed that it was stocked with females. The urinals were nowhere to be seen. It took a few seconds for all of this to grind its way through the haze.

Finally I asked, no one in particular, 'Is this the Men's room?'

Head down, tail between my legs, I scampered out of there pronto.

SLOBuds, I can sure sympathize with you as regards working while going to school. Luckily I found a good university with extensive night class curriculum so I actually had a regular day job. Ahhh, I foundly remember those lovely late evenings in the computer lab. I was a regular listener to Sally Jesse Raphael (came on at midnight when lab closed and they kicked me and my classmates out.) We had to suffer through this college experience on a campus that had HARD WATER and not a single magnet water treater in sight (or out of sight for that matter.) It was severe deprivation, sorse than walking uphill through snow both to and from class.

I went through these trials and tribulations for two degrees but fortune smiled on me and with the help of all you US taxpayers a subsequent and LAST trip back to grad school for YAPOP (Yet Another Piece of Paper) I got to take at least half the classes or more in the daytime during work ours while "on the clock" so to speak. Still, there was no evidence of magnetic water treatment to help soften the experience.

Oh, and SLOBuds..., that last trek back to grad school was after I had turned 50, is that later in life enough to join your club?

[img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Pat [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

[img]/forums/images/icons/crazy.gif[/img] Face it Pat, you have TOO MUCH education. [img]/forums/images/icons/smirk.gif[/img] That's why you may trouble sleeping.....too much analysis; not enough bliss. [img]/forums/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
    CJDave