Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Intro

Intro

I've been lurking off and on for about six months and figured I'd finally register and say hello. My wife and I moved to the White Mountains of New Hampshire from Massachusetts a little over two years ago. We built a log home as a vacation home and not long after we couldn't figure out why we kept going back to MA. So now we live in a small town, am working more hours than ever before being self-employed but enjoying all that small town life has to offer. We have wildlife like bear and moose walk through our yard and I'm going pheasant hunting for the first time next week. Tomorrow is opening day for the local, 155 year old fair and can't wait to go check out all the animals and watch the horse-pulling competition.

Another summer has gone by and we still don't have a barn built...there's always next year. We just had two cords of firewood delivered yesterday so my chore is to get it moved to the front porch.

I probably won't be able to contribute much but thought I'd make the introduction.

Aaron
    Livin' the dream.

Re: Intro

Hello Aron.

I do lotsa posting but that doesn't mean I contribute!! [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Lived in a log house for almost 25 years.

Egon [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Sounds like a good life, Aaron. Welcome to CountryByNet.

Hi Aaron,

I think you'll be surprised at what you'll be able to share. It already sounds like where you live will provide many a wonderful story and many a quandry you'll be able to come here looking for help with. Take some Pics of the "Fair". I'm sure they will have some killer exhibits you can tell us about. You'll find that many of us are visual types and LOVE pictures... [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Welcome too the neighborhood!
    "Wisdom isn't free, though your only price is to pay attention"

Welcome Aaron,

I think you have already contributed something a (New Member)
    There are a lot of good folks on this site with a lot of wisdom to share about different subjects, I am sure you have a few tricks up your sleeve to share [img]/forums/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Brent

Aaron
    Welcome, I too left the big city, but over ten years ago, Have not regretted the move, now when I go back to visit the family I can't imagine living there again, nice place to visit ( because of family) but I would not live there again. There is a sister site, tractorbynet.com,
    if you don't get answers on countrybynet, you can try tractorbynet.com
    Ron

Aaron

I live in Worcester, MA. My wife and I bought land in New Hampshire. We are in the process of clearing part of it and building our vacation/retirement home. It gets harder and harder to return to the City after being up in the mountains.
    Welcome to CBN.
    RonL

Small world, we moved from Lowell. If you're ever in N. Conway stop in and say hello.
    Livin' the dream.

Aaron

Will do. My wife and I have spent a lot of time in Jackson. We like to stay at the Wentworth.

RonL

Can any of you folks confirm the rumor that some of those cute little new england areas like New Hampshire are considering requesting statehood? Maybe if they joined together as counties in a single state of NEW ENGLAND they could get into the union.

[img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Pat [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    "I'm not from your planet, monkey boy!"