Thread: Beaver Dam

Beaver Dam

I have a nusiance beaver dam on my property. They are flooding a waterway which is causing severe damage to my horse pasture. I don't really want to hurt or kill the beaver, but I do want to discourage them. I really would like them to just move on to another location where they will not be causing me any trouble. They are quite industrious little creatures. Simply tearing a section of dam out does no good at all. They will have it rebuilt bigger and better within a day. Does anyone have ideas on what can be done besides the drastic and illegal? If it was the old days, I'm quite sure some TNT would do the trick.

Re: Beaver Dam

Do what you have to. Tell no one and the problem will dissapear for the time being. [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Egon

There is a great article in the latest issue of "The Progressive Farmer"...just read it last evening...

It involves some perforated drain and pvc pipe...looks like it oughta work well, without having to harm them critters [img]/forums/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Since the rules of the forum state NOT TO </font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    5. Posting or uploading copyrighted material without permission.

[/ QUOTE ] send me a PM with your email address and I will forward a copy on to you...

GareyD

Check out the thread Beaver Problem. Plenty of ideas for ya.

Here is another link -- it's to possibly the article Garey mentioned above: Leveling the Fight with Beavers.
    :: D A V E
    :: g a t o r b o y