Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Size of drain line to new septic tank

Re: Size of drain line to new septic tank

CJDave, There is a lot of DIY out of sight out of mind (Invisible Lunatic?) systems in our rural areas as well. A small town about 6 miles from here had totally inadequate treatment facilities and just dumped the excess raw sewage into a creek feeding into the South Canadian river. It has a new treatment plant as of about 2 years ago. The effluent is sprayed on a cooperating farmer's hay fields. Good deal for everyone.

Previous owner of my place had a septic tank but no leach field, just ran a 4 inch off down the hill. A couple years ago the rules changed here in Oklahoma from perk tests to soil analysis but as I had already registered my perk tests with the DEQ (Department of Environmental Quality) I was grandfathered.

Registering my perk test was the only "interference" or contact I had with any regulatory agency. No electrical or other inspections. No permits of any kind. I, of course, insisted that EVERYTHING be code or better. It scares me to think what sort of real estate nightmares await the unwary who assume that the rural house they buy has been built to code.

Caveat Emptor!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

[img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Pat [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    "I'm not from your planet, monkey boy!"

[img]/forums/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] This is the gist of a conversation that took place between the real estate sales gal who sold some CA property for us in 2001, and another salesman in the same office: "Carol, would you like to take over one of my listings?" Carol: "Sure." Salesman: "It has some problems." Carol: "What kind of problems?" Salesguy: "Well, it has some septic tank problems." Carol: "What's wrong with the septic tank?" Salesguy: "There isn't any, the owners poo at Burger King each day before they come home." [img]/forums/images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]
    CJDave

CJDave... A whole new meaning of WHOPPER!

[img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Pat [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

[img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] That Burger King was eleven miles and 2500 feet downhill from where the house was. That's a serious trip to the bathroom; especially when it was snowing at the 4500 foot elevation and they had to go downhill on a twisty road. [img]/forums/images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]
    CJDave

Methinks perhaps there were other, posibly not openly discussed-revealed, circumstanes and methods at play here possibly employing some other waste disposal methodology or process not in evidence to the casual observer.

[img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Pat [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

[img]/forums/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] Now that you mention it......that one particular Lodgepole Pine in the back yard did look a bit like it may be suffering from uremic overdose. [img]/forums/images/icons/crazy.gif[/img] And there was a very rusty five-gallon bucket sitting alongside the back door. [img]/forums/images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]
    CJDave