Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gas Prices

It's $2.79 at the gas station I usually go to here in GA. I just read the other day that the gas prices should be going down and they don't expect it to hit the $3.00 mark this summer which is good news. I won't buy gas from BP either!

That is great to hear! I really hope gas prices will go back down and not hit $3 this summer. It gets so expensive. I also haven't been buying gas from BP! I'm glad others are doing the same. I wonder though what effect this may have on their gas prices this summer. If everyone is attempting to boycott their gas do you think it may cause them to lower their prices to get some customers back?

Cambridge, New York in beautiful Washington County, next to Vermont
    I got gas yesterday, here in upstate New York, on the Vermont border. I paid $3.01/gallon.
    Rich
    "What a long strange trip it's been."

Gas prices in Louisiana are around the $2.80 mark for now. My dad told me the other day that he thinks it's going to skyrocket again this summer. I'm not sure if he heard that from a reliable source or if he's just speculating, but I really hope he's wrong. I just can't afford for it to be like it was a couple years ago when I was paying $4.00 a gallon. That was ridiculous!

Well, last week on Monday gas was $2.799 per gallon. Thursday is payday so gas went up on Wednesday to $2.999 per gallon. Now everyone tells me that the day I get paid does not effect the gas prices. If that's so how come it happens the same way every week that I get a check?

Gas prices had been up around $2.76/$2.77 but then came down a bit. So yesterday it was $2.679 and I told my wife I'd do my part to make it come down instead of going up by filling up at $2.679 and sure enough today it's $2.639.