Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Removing pine tree

Re: Removing pine tree

Dangerous stuff. Some things are DIY material, some are not. Some are DIY material for SOME people, but not for others.

If you DO decide to DIY, wander over to www.arborsite.com and do a lot of reading. You can learn a lot that way.

I second that. From your first post, it seems you are not at all familiar with falling trees. Not something to do when you are trying to miss something. I have been doing it for 30 years and two days ago I had a retired logger fall two trees for me as I wasn't sure about doing it myself.

DIY is fine but never hesitate to admit when it is beyond your knowledge/ability/training.

arboristsite.com is inhabited mostly by professional loggers and arborists plus a smattering of amatuers such as me. All are happy to help out with any questions.

Harry K

Yeah, the first subforum you should read is "Arboricultural Injuries & Fatalities". Read about just how fast things can go very, very wrong, even for pros.

To the worst is the grandfather who dropped a tree on his 3 year old grandson. It went the wrong way. :-(

Blueridge and Turnkey,
    Yall are right about the safety part. I like wearing suspenders AND a belt !! But actually I've decided not to do anything more with the tree. Now that I trimmed the branches up over the roof so they don't get against the overhang it's really no bother so will let it grow. [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] If it ever becomes a bother I'll get professional help. And...perhaps the local power company can take it down, they trim a lot of hefty stuff growin' and or 'leanin' on their powerlines.
    I appreciate the advice.
    Have a blessed day,
    roy