Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Better ways to do plumbing

I have followed the link and the content of the site have a good idea. Remember that your time is valuable and if you aren't sure what is going wrong, you want to call in a little plumbing help.
    My online plumbing.

Yeah, sorry Dave... BUT... I have seen too many copper pipes develop pin hole leaks. Worst two cases I've seen were when one pipe was in an attic touching air and the other in a plastic sleeve to prevent contact with the concrete slab. Crimp-on brass fittings with PEX, AKA crosslinked HDPE (high density polyethylene) polymer HAS BEEN IN USE FOR over 40 YEARS NOW. My how time flies. PEX plumbing has been in use in Europe since late 60's, and was introduced in the U.S. around 1980.

Now you want dependable and traditional? Do what the Romans did, use wood lined with lead.

Pat
    "I'm not from your planet, monkey boy!"

I could see replacing a little bit at a time because this is a great idea but it is very pricey! I too would have to win the lottery to redo the plumbing in my whole house but next time I have to do something with the plumbing I am going to try these.

That's great!!! the options are available on internet and you can find it on various websites also.

Here is a direct link to the site referenced (this link does not go through HP/Netscape search): SharkBite Fittings

Aaron Z