Thread: Installing Carpet

Installing Carpet

I am getting ready to move into another house, and am planning on installing new carpet. The house is only 6 months old, but the boss (my wife) says the carpet has got to go. I plan on installing the carpet myself, and since it has hardly been used, I am going to stick with the same carpet pad.

I was just wondering if there were any tips or pointers that I need to go by, or if the process is that difficult.

Thanks

Re: Installing Carpet

Wherever you buy the carpet, they should be your best bet for instructions, tips, and possibly to rent a carpet stretcher. I've done just enough of it to know that I'll leave that job to the pros. [img]/forums/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Ditto that, Bird. I hate doing carpet!

I with bird on that one too! I leave it to the pros.

I can't stand stretching carpet with that knee thing either! What a royal pain! If a room is really large, then you will end up with a seam somewhere, and that is where the pros know how and where to put the seam and make it almost invisible.

Joe

Thanks for the responses everyone. I went ahead and tackled the job myself. It wasn't that bad at all. Ripped it out in about 30 minutes and installed it in about 6 hours. Lookin Good!!! [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Congratulations! Glad it turned out well, and the time differential sounds about right. In fact, I'd say you made pretty good time. [img]/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]

[img]/forums/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] Have you ever noticed that AS SOON as a woman walks into a house as a "viewer" and as a potential buyer, the very first thing she says is: "Ewwwww!!! That carpet!" It matters not if the carpet is brand new! [img]/forums/images/icons/crazy.gif[/img] The other standard comment is: "Ewwwwww....what's that SMELL?" [img]/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]
    CJDave