Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lost a Good Friend

Re: Lost a Good Friend

Lost one standard poodle and two cats in four years. The last cat was eaten by coyote, now I have a new hobbie. Sorry to hear of your loss.
    Bayrat

My wife found this one on the internet. "Rag Doll" is the breed. She's really special cause my oldest son bought her for my wife. I never wanted a cat inside the house but I lost that battle and shes the queen of the castle now. She meets me at the door and if shes really starving for affection she lays across the keyboard of my computer so I can't type. 400.00 cat and an all day road trip, yep shes worth it but I dread it if something ever happens to her or she gets old and dies. Amazing how quick we get attached.

oops, forgot the attachment

Tony, nice looking cat. Yes, we can become really attached to our pets. Who ever said cats have no personality likely hasn't owned one (or been owned by one).
    Ian M.
    Transferred to Nova Scotia, retired at the end of June 2009!!! And bought a tractor!!!

We lost our favorite barn cat Friday morning. "Angel" was a mixed breed long hair, all black. We had found her one very cold February morning in the hay trying to get warm.

She was a rack of bones. We took her in and got her in pretty good shape but her weight never really got to were we thought she should be. We might have had her for five years I guess without checking back on the records.

Though we already had four cats out of a family of seven that we adopted back in 98', (try seven for a spaying/nuetering bill) she became our favorite.

Always wanting to be with us, she would jump onto the cart with hay bales as we wheeled it around the barn while feeding the horses. She would run up our Little Giant ladder to the hay mow.

Her only fault, she did not like being brushed. Being a long hair, that was not a good thing for she would end up getting matted and we would have to cut off big clumps.

She picked up an intenstinal virus so we had isolated her and she was slowly coming along. Then, thursday, my wife noticed that her breathing seemed a bit labored.

This was the same day that one of our dogs went in for removal of a fatty tumor so that was the focus.

Anyway, the next morning, we found her prone and barely breathing. We knew she was a goner so we took her to the vet to be put down while picking up the dog but she never made it.

So, I brought her home and buried. I don't know that we could have done more, all the testing was not conclusive. Barn cats don't necessarily live as long as house cats.

Anyway, we more than likely saved her and she rewarded us with several years of good companionship.

It always hurts when a pet, good friend, passes over.

Egon

It's always sad when a good friend passes. But, our pet friends usually have shorter life span, so we say good-bye to our pets and feel helpless!
    Cotton

hi. did you shoot it or let it die naturally?

I'm so sorry to hear of the loss of your pets. I had to have my old Jack Russell Terrier put down this summer. He was 18 years, 4 months and 24 days old. He had been blind for the past year and was diabetic for the last 9 years of his life. I really miss the old guy.