Maybe I'm the last one in the civilized world to find out about this technique and you all will be bored to death but here goes...

Go to Wally World and buy Almond Bark. Break it up and melt it in the microwave. Hit it for about 90 seconds and then stir. If it needs more heat hit it in 30 second increments, stiring each time.

CAREFUL TO NOT OVER DO IT. You can caramalize of scorch it and ruin it. Stir in a bunch of whatever where whatever is any kind of nuts. I prefer a high nut to bark ratio, just enough "bark" to glue the nuts together. You can spoon the mixture out onto a cookie sheet or if lazy like me dump the whole thing onto a big baking sheet, spread it out to one layer of nuts (I use two sheets) and put in fridge. After it gets cold it is easy to pop it lose. I break it into desired size pieces and put in ziplocks or nut tins with tight lids. Keeps well at room temp (they don't last that long) or for long term storage refrigerate or freeze.

My sis does it with pretzels with great results.

I haven't found a kind of nut that doesn't work well with this approach from the cheapest peanuts to almonds, macadamia, or WHATEVER.

[img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Pat [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]