Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Oklahoma ice plant and sunset.

Oklahoma ice plant and sunset.

Here is Oklahoma's version of ice plants.

Also a sunset typical of recent nights.
    "I'm not from your planet, monkey boy!"

Re: Oklahoma ice plant and sunset.

And typical recent sunset.

Pat,

Nice pictures! By the way, is your camera date slightly off... looks like it is reading 2004 instead of 2005.
    - William

William, Thanks for noticing. I will correct it for her. Probably happened recently when it got confused and I took the battery out to reboot it. I then reset the date and apparently was a little less than careful.

Thanks again. I'll fix it and try to be more careful next time sir. Please don't report me to the CO.

[img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Pat [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Pat, I didn't see any natural gas boiling up out of the ground there did I? We woke up to see the same kind of weather here this AM, freezing rain, I hate it.
    I'm trying to get my wife to agree to follow 75 degrees in the RV. I would in a skinny minute, but she ain't going to get far from the grandkids.

Nat, Now there is a thought and possible upgrade for the nav system! Have the nav system plot a course that follows a selected isotherm. (line of equal temperature) Doable. You need to get the temperature chart from the NWS in digital format and voila the computer (with a little help from software) plots the course.

Actually we didn't have any rain, freezing or otherwise untill after the picture but it got cold and frost was heavy on the light unprotected items. Frost is sure pretty.

There is prescedent for the nav thing. Tuna (and other species) tend to "pile up" along certain temperature barriers (species dependent.) Piloting your tuna clipper (purse seiner) along those isotherms has financial reward. Electronic thermometers with setable alarms and chart recorders are used while searching for the right isotherm but a temperature input to the autopilot can steer you along the isotherm you are counting on finding fish near.

[img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Pat [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

I am with you Nat. I woke up yesterday morning to freezing rain and a 1/4 - 1/2" layer of ice on my truck. I don't mind the snow as bad as I do the ice. With ice, it doesn't matter how many wheel drive you have.

Hey Pat, we had some co-workers here from our OK plant yesterday. They mentioned the cold you guys had and that they had some icing there. Our OK plant is in Durant. Is that close to you? That is pretty much South Central OK isn't it?

Bryan

Durant is pretty close to Red River/lake Texhoma, definitely the southern part of south central. I am pretty much at the northern extreme of south central. Anyway it is about 100 driving miles or so from me to Durant, about 2 hours and 20 minutes or so.

For those of you who like to pronounce things as the locals do, i.e. Prescott, Arizona is pronouned to rhyme with Bisquit. Durant is NOT Der-ant NOR Dur-ant but is Doo-rant.

Doo-rant.

Yes, I was corrected when I went out there to help start up the plant. [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

NCDeere, You can often disambiguate verbal communications by use of context and in some cases pronouncing the same thing different ways for different meanings.

When an Oklahoman says something that sounds like my-am-ee it is a town in Florida. If they say something that sounds like my-am-uh, it is a town in Oklahoma. Both are spelled M-i-a-m-i, go figure. In Europe there is a sity called Prague, pronounced like Prog rhymes with frog. In Oklahoma the town is spelled the same but is pronounced prag with a long "a" like the brand of electronic components (especialy capacitors) Sprague.

Oh well, it isn't just Oklahoma. In Ohio I had school teachers say CRICK like a crick in your neck but they were pronouncing a word spelled C-R-E-E-K, creek like a small stream. Or our Ohioan neighbors who made elm, the tree into two sylables El-lum and film for your camera was fil-um.