Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Couple of pics of my land

Re: Couple of pics of my land

"I'll bet there will be some critters in his furture too, dogs, cats, goats, whatever else the kids find and bring home "

My kids!? I not only have to worry about what they bring home, but I have to worry about what my wife brings home. She is already asking what kind of barn I can make for the goats she wants. I haven't even finished our house plans yet. But that is OK, because that is why we got it: to enjoy !

Bryan

Bryan, that is a great looking piece of land and an even better looking couple of kids. I have always told people that everything I build and everything I do will be gone in a hundred years and the only way anyone will ever know I was here will be from my kids. I live about 45-50 miles from you in Lexington. Here is a pic of the house I just finished. There is a thread in the "house" forum on it from start to finish, maybe you can get a couple ideas. NC is a great place. later, Nat

Hey Nat,

Thanks for the compliments. I have two great kids and a great wife. I am truly blessed. I can't wait to get started on my plans and get going. I have looked at you house posts. That is a very nice home you have there. And one of the main reasons I come to this site is to get ideas from you guys who have already gone through it. I already have a few ideas from you guys.

Hey, by the way, can you tell me where are the best one or two places to eat BBQ in Lexington. Also, if you know what road they are on, that would help too. My wife and I have been talking about going up there to get some good ole NC BBQ. [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Thanks,

Bryan

Speedy's bar-B-que on 52 north of town and The Bar-b-que Center on bus.29/70. Either one has great BBQ

Your place looks great. It has grass. I can grow a good tumble weed. I only have 6 acres. They guy next to me is selling 6 bt my wife does not want any more. O well.
    I have 6 acres in Colorado and plan on raising some butcher cows for meat and have a few horses

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    Your place looks great. It has grass.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes it has a lot of grass now. I have a aerial pic that was taken around 1994. Back then it was pretty patchy. But the lady I bought it from had a guy come in to bail hay on it. Every year he worked on it with seed and fertilizer. Now it is very nice.

I am just looking forward to the day when I can tear up some of that grass by putting my basement in. [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Thanks for the compliment.

Bryan

Bryan, you know the old saying"a journey of a 1000 miles begins with a single step. You've already made it. Later, Nat

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    Bryan, you know the old saying"a journey of a 1000 miles begins with a single step. You've already made it. Later, Nat

[/ QUOTE ]

That's not right! The correct statement is "a journey of a thousand miles begins with a cash advance!" [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    Gary
    ----------------------------------------------
    Hey! Aren't you supposed to be working?

Gary, And then non-changeable tickets, staying over a Saturday, no in-flight meal or movie, and probably followed by lost luggage.

Amelia Earhart luggage: It makes it on to the plane but is never seen again.
    [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Pat [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    "I'm not from your planet, monkey boy!"

two great kids and a great wife, you were blessed without the land but you are even more blessed to get to raise them on that beautiful piece of God's country. I was blessed also with a good wife and 2 fine sons and was fortunate enough to aquire the land I was raised up on. God only loaned me my oldest son for 17 years and took him back 2/21/03 but I am very glad those 17 years were spent here where I grew up.
    Bolt n Sons Hobby Farm