Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Couple of pics of my land

Re: Couple of pics of my land

I can't tell you how much I appreciate the compliment. I also can not tell you how sorry I am for your loss. He looks like a very fine young man. I am sure your other son is a fine young man as well. It is 10:40 here in Lincolnton, NC. We just got back in from my son's baseball practice about an hour ago. He and my little girl have been asleep for a while now. But I just went in and gave them both another hug and kiss.

You are right when you say that God only loans us and our kids for a while and you never know how long. I always make sure that when I leave the house I hug and kiss my wife and kids before I go. I don't care if it is just before school or if it is 3:30 in the morning and I get called into work. If it were to be the last time they saw me, I would want them to know I left them with a hug and a kiss.

Thanks again for your kind comments.

Bryan

Bryan , that would be the greatest advice I could give to anyone and thank you for your compliments also. My son walked out the door on his way to school on 2/21/03 and his last words were "I love you". I talked to him for the very last time on his cell phone that evening and his last words were the same. That was the last time I spoke with or saw him but I'm glad he was the kind of son that was never embarrased to tell his old man he lovd him, he never was. Yep we never know and we never think it can happen to us, but in reality it can happen to anyone at any moment. His bedroom looks exactly the way it did that morning, covers pulled down just like he just crawled out of bed. The only problem is, he's not at school or spending the night with a friend and 3 years is a long time to not see a loved one. I am thankful of all the "I love yous" and hugs. It's amazing what we remember especially when memories are all we have left of someone. God bless you and your family

Here's a pic my wife took of my little girl picking some flowers on our land. I had been thinking I needed to cut the field again, but after seeing this pic, I am glad I didn't. I think it is just a great shot.

Bryan

Bryan That proves there is a higher being doesn't it? Nothing but God could produce anything as fantastic.
    Are you getting ready to start the house yet? later, Nat