Thank you for all your replys.I am a hobbyist,do repairs

and maintenance on my own & some family members vehicles

along with an assortment of garden tractors,lawn mowers,

weed eaters ect.....Santa brought me a compressor last

Christmas and I have saved some money up to buy a few

tools at the sales after the holidays.Probably stick with

Craftsmen as they have served me well in the past and

generally are with in my meager budget.

Merry Christmas to all of you and your families!

John

Re: Husky Tools

Thanks for clearing that up for me. The HVAC shop has Freightliner but I only see UPS with Sprinters. Same beastie not a knock off, huh? I know they make them into van conversions. Would make a nice little camping/traveling rig with stock full standing headroom and the super mileage for its size.

My general contractor agrees with me that Dodge/Chrysler ought to put that MB engine and tranny into the Jeep Liberty in place of the POS diesel of sorts they dropped into it.

[img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Pat
    "I'm not from your planet, monkey boy!"

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    Would make a nice little camping/traveling rig

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, the Winnebago View uses that chassis but made a Class C out of it, while the Roadtrek Class B is probably more what you have in mind. There are probably other manufacturers as well.

Bird, thanks for the Sprinter camper info. I didn't see a price for the class B and I am still trying to recover from the sticker shock on the Winebago version.... $80K LIke wow!

[img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Pat [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Pat, I haven't seen a price on that Class B either, but from what I've seen of Roadtrek prices in the past, it's probably not much less, if any, than the Winnebago.

Bird, The Sprinter has a MSRP of $29K before options with invoice at $26.4K, IF there was to ever be one of these in my future I think it would be a van conversion to a camper WITHOUT the big "W" on it. Maybe the quality is there but way beyond my needs and desires.

[img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Pat [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

[img]/forums/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] Pat, they make some nice chassis-mount setups that just s-l-i-d-e onto the back of a Kenworth. [img]/forums/images/icons/crazy.gif[/img] A 3408TA Caterpillar under the hood with a ten speed Fuller would get you down the road quite nicely. If you did that, you would have a "K" in front instead of a "W". [img]/forums/images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]
    CJDave

Dave, You and Bird are offering champagne suggestions to a guy with a beer budget. How about a cost effective idea? I think a less palatial Sprinter based camper would make an economical and comfortable scenicruiser.

The best requirement I have for hand tools is the one that is handy and fits. Sure you can spend a lot of money for " Great" tools. They sure are pretty. All I want is one that will do the job and I am not afraid of losing or using.... My 2 cents worth...... Have fun and stay safe....

[QUOTE=Pat;257445]Husky is not nearly as old a name as Craftsman but so what. Craftsman isn't such good tools as just a recognized name and a decent warranty. I don't think there is a Husky tool factory any more than there is a Craftsman tool factory or a Kenmore ANYTHING factory. They are tools built to a price to mass market under a nifty sounding name.

Ran across this old thread Just to set the record straight, Husky tools have been around longer that crapsman(oops I mean craftsman). Husky est. 1924 craftsman 1927. I like Husky tools , the first socket set I bought in the early 70s´ is still in my toolbox. I know, so are the CM tools I bought but I have a bad taste for Sears and craftsman since the 90s´. I guess I'll concede that craftsman hand tools are ok, but I'll never own anything from craftsman that has a motor attached.