Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Chihuahua

Re: Chihuahua

Well, my wife finally got herself a 12 week old watchdog today.

Cute little feller. [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Egon

Yeah, cute but can he say Yo quiero Taco Bell? [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    "I'm not from your planet, monkey boy!"

Nope, Pat, she has barely learned that she has a voice; doesn't use it much at all, but is definitely a soprano.

Fred mentioned Chihuahuas being a bit timid at first; not this little scamp. She's just looking for anyone or anything that'll play with her.

And DUMBDOG mentioned a Pomeranian that acts like a cat. Yep, some other folks have mentioned this Chihuahua acting like a cat. She wants to climb as high as she can, up on your shoulder, or on the back of chairs, and then when she gets tired . . . well, you can see for yourself.

Bird, That shot says it all. The "MIB" (Man In Blue) with his faithful companion. You know what they say about dogs looking like their masters or vice versa. I notice you both have the same haircut. Is a little blue suit in the offing for the lil cutie?

[img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Pat [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    "I'm not from your planet, monkey boy!"

She sure looks like some watch dog. Looks like she is watching the inside of her eyelids.

Cute little thing.

Think I could fall asleep in that chair too! [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Egon [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Looks plenty comfey for sure! [img]/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]
    Gary
    ----------------------------------------------
    Hey! Aren't you supposed to be working?

Very cute pic. Are you sure she's not part feline? [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
    I'm glad she is a very outgoing pup.
    What I meant by saying that they can be timid, is that some owners don't get the little guys out and about and being pet by strangers as often as bigger dogs, so they have a tendency to become timid yappers or fear snappers just by lack of socialization. Little dogs tend to lead a more pampered and sheltered life, which is obviously what a lot of them were developed for...

Keep us updated with pics [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Yeah, I understand Fred. I know a lot of very small dogs don't get a chance to socialize with either other dogs or people other than their owners. But this one goes with us to the nursing home at least 3 or 4 days a week where both staff and residents want to play with her. And she goes frequently with us to our daughter's home where she plays not only with our daughter and grandson, but their pair of Maltese. And our next door neighbors, young couple with a one year old daughter, have already volunteered (without us asking) to look after her if we ever need to go anywhere without her. [img]/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif[/img] So I think from the very start she'll be accustomed to other people and animals.