Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How many people use Tax Software

Re: How many people use Tax Software

Bird, Yes I remember a "short form." I paid my first income tax in the mid 60's. The new version of THE SHORT FORM which is being drafted in anticipation of Hillary being president will simplify tax preparation considerably. Here is the draft wording...

1. How much did you make last year? _________
    2. Send it in.

I wonder if she might choose Susan Sarandon as a running mate if not Senator Kennedy.

[img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Pat [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    "I'm not from your planet, monkey boy!"

I'm just a little older than you; did my first income tax return in '60 for the '59 tax year.

And I bought and installed Turbo Tax Deluxe today.

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />

[/ QUOTE ]

Pat, maybe you believed that all would find this funny and no other viewer would be offended. It could also be that you are ‘writing off’ anyone who cannot appreciate the obvious truth of your humor. If this is the case, then you in your small way, are helping to further the deep polarizations which exist in politics.

Pat, a better way is leave politics out of CountryByNet. Let’s try to treat each other with respect. Thanks for listening.

Jim

<font color="blue">( Pat, maybe you believed that all would find this funny and no other viewer would be offended. ) </font color>

What exactly is OFFENSIVE about it? Geesh!
    :: D A V E
    :: g a t o r b o y

Jim, No problem dude, lots of freedom of expression here, I''ll gladly consider your thoughts, whether we agree or disagree. It is always a pleasure to hear from a member of the engineering brotherhood.

Oh by the way, I wasn't sure what it was you were intending to quote, so I have no idea what in particular you found offensive. I have a reputation as an equal opportunity blasphemer. I might just as easily have lampooned folks from the other side of the aisle if in my "snap" judgement it would have been funnier. Ever hear of Pat Paulson? Did his satire not amuse you?

Perhaps when you have been hanging around here for a while and rack up 200-300% more posts (a couple more) you'll find that there is really very little heated rhetoric or vindictiveness here. Sure, once in a while some bozo triggers off a feeding frenzy and several of us get in a few licks (see also the thread about treating water with magnets.)

I would focus my response more tightly if only I knew what in particular rubbed you the wrong way. For example if it was the Susan Sarandon thing... Well, it is a well documented fact that that she is prominent in a movement to have all animals declared sentient beings and subject to constitutional protection like U.S. citizens are. She would like to enforce vegetarianism on everyone and with sentience for animals and constitutional rights it would be a felony to kill one. Check it out and let me know what part of her "movement" I didn't understand.

As for Kennedy and Hillary, they are partners in several initiatives that are deeply ingrained in tax and spend big government. A litany of those initiatives are a part of the congressional record and also are way too lengthly to recount here. They are also rabidly anti-gun and anti-hunting which is not an overly popular set of feelings with many of the good folks here on this forum.

Given these facts, they were an easy target for a laugh. If you like I can malign engineers but my heart wouldn't be in it.

If you take everything you read here as ultra serious earth shaking important stuff then you really need to get out more, unwind, relax, chill, and so on and so forth ad naseum. You think a few lines of satirical humor (sarcasm?) is somehow of national importance and likely to tip the ratio of red vs blue states away from that which you may favor. Usually whether or not someone wants the fight stopped depends on whose ox is being gored. (see, small "g" not another attack on poor hapless Al.)

Maybe I should stick to a less controversial topic, like religion!

Hey, I'm willing to meet you part way and chant "Electron flow makes everything go!" with you. P=IE I=E/R Peace, bro!

[img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Pat [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    "I'm not from your planet, monkey boy!"

Correct tax returns? What is that?

I can remember a time long ago when It seemed to be quite simple to fill out the form and do it correctly with little problem. Even helped others do theirs! [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

As I aged it seemed to become more complicated and never was I able to correctly fill out forms. Fortunetly all my forms seemed to be audited as there were overpayment refunds as well as requests for more funds.

Last year I used a program and still managed to get it wrong. Figured I owed them a little over four thousand extra but was informed this was over by several hundred dollars. Now I'm supposed to make quarterly payments which I ignore.

Don't know what I'll do this year but do know it will not be correct. [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Classic case of a spastic tax challenged individual. [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Egon [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

<font color="blue"> What exactly is OFFENSIVE about it? </font color>

Gatorboy, THAT should be obvious!

HER Name has been Taken In Vain! [img]/forums/images/icons/mad.gif[/img]

Okay, I'll go ahead and be offensive:

An engineer, a Catholic priest, and a rabbi walked into a bar....

[img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Is it ok if I show my ignorance here?

Who is she? [img]/forums/images/icons/confused.gif[/img]

I really do not know.

<font color="blue"> ( HER Name has been Taken In Vain! ) </font color>

Then I suppose the only one who should be offended would be HER -- and I doubt she would be.
    :: D A V E
    :: g a t o r b o y

I've used Turbo Tax for years now... never had a problem even when doing the farm's taxes.

As for Pat's theory on the new tax forms... he forgot to mention that if you make no money (i.e. didn't work, don't care to work), you will actually get a refund. [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
    - William