Thread: Bear Ban.

Bear Ban.

NH now saying the state has a bear problem,and the stats from NH saying one bear every 38.5 miles..now thats lot of bears..yikes.. so NH F&G leaning towards ban of feeding the bears,and the high profile people are backing the state.
    Now I hope some of these high profile backers of this new idea of ban of feeding the bears realize they just might ending taking down there bird feeder down will be before the song birds head north again,or purchase special bear proof road side trash cans.

I feel if people just used common sense lot of this so call wildlife problem wouldn't happen...the wildlife just trying to survive...again Iam not anti hunter.

Re: Bear Ban.

A ban on feeding bears would sure put a crimp on my " Farm " operations. Why all the wild cherry, blackberries and wild apple trees would have to go. Don't know how I would handle the grubs and ants under the rocks though.

Several years ago we had a terrific crop of cherries and apples. Darned bear almost destroyed the cherry trees and one apple tree. These were trees I'd been pruning and they were just starting to look decent.

As a side note the wild apples are always full of bugs as they do not get sprayed. I eat around the brown spots.

Egon [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Re: Bear Ban.

I to had nice rasp and blackberry patch..yummieee..but once the bears found it,look like a dozer rumble thru...what the bears didn't eat they destory. [img]/forums/images/icons/frown.gif[/img] ...but I look at it this way,for they wildlife was here before I and continue to be here after I start my dirt nap.