Thread: 3PH for a tractor

3PH for a tractor

I picked up an old C- Farmall tractor a couple weeks ago. It looked terrible, but the old thing runs and works good. Here is the way it looked when I brought it home

Re: 3PH for a tractor

I fixed the hood and gas tank, and a few leaks and painted it. I put new decals on and a new muffler and seat cover. Here it is after

It had the touch control hyd. lift to raise and lower the cultivators, or plows but didn't have a 3PH. To me a tractor is just something to ride around on if it does't have a 3PH so I decided to make one for it. I could have bought one from Worksaver for 700.00. I kept close tabs on what I spent and the whole thing cost me 214.00 I used it today to scrape my drive, about 475 feet plus turn-arounds, and it worked great. That little 19 HP tractor would load my 5' boxblade with crusher run gravel like it was nothing. Here is a pic of the 3PH with my BB behind it. Later, Nat

Nat, From what I can see of the back lit "before" picture you made quite an improvement in its looks as well as functionality.

[img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Pat [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    "I'm not from your planet, monkey boy!"

Nice job. [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Egon [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Get r' done. Just wondering if you're going to paint the 3-pt. the color of the tractor or are you going to leave it blue?
    "I hate lucky people, unless I happen to be the lucky person."- Cody Rehberg

I'm to lazy to repaint it. While I was building it I had blue paint and since the leveling arms were blue, the rest of it got painted blue. Later, Nat

It looks great Nat. I told my wife that someday I would like to buy an older John Deere and fix it up. I don't know what prices on older John Deere tractors might be, but I'll find out some day.

Great job!

Bryan