Thread: Looking for free plans

Hybrid View

Re: Looking for free plans

How fast do the sheds grow?

That's a pretty good one. I guess the way I am building my shed it will grow pretty slow. However, I will probably speed it up a little by buying the wood I don't have yet.

The 6x6s I took to a local pressure treatment plant for treating and then planted them.

I never heard of that Nat. I wonder if there is a place like that around Lincolnton? Is it just a lumber yard that does that or is it a place that does the treatment?

I just might have to drop in on you one day to check out your masterpiece. It sounds great.

Bryan

Pretty quick Egon. I'll tell you one though. I built a shed that had fresh cut black Locust poles that sprouted leaves the first spring after I built the shed. I showed it to my dad and he said that locust fence post do that all the time.
    Bryon I took them to Sherwood Treating in Winston. They are out of business now, but I'm sure there is somewhere around Mooresville that does it, And there was a place in Wilksboro that did creosote fence post. I know there is no creosote anymore but I think they do Wolminizing (sp) still. Later, Nat

Poplar posts will do the same thing Nat! [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Egon

Yeah, but what can you do with popolar posts?
    When I was a kid we cut and sold popolar block, as we called them to a company in Yadkinville to make chair rounds, shovel and hoe handles. They said that air dried second growth popolar was the strongest tensil strength wood in the south. Coarse I was a kid and may have believed anything, still do sometimes, Later, Nat