Thread: Gladiator Gearwall

Gladiator Gearwall

I am in need of some pretty serious organization for my shop. I was looking into pegboard and had moved on to slotwall when I ran across this. Has anyone used it? I tend to be skeptical of propaganda. Is this stuff as great as they say? Wait, I know the answer to THAT question.
    Is this stuff any good at all?
    Thanks

Re: Gladiator Gearwall

I've seen them put it up on several diy type shows, it looks like good stuff to me. I have pegboard up on a couple walls now, it seems to work fine, but the coolness factor of the gearwall is much higher....

I am considering a staged installation, start putting a bit up here and there and working towards a complete makeover.

But my shop is such a mess I should tackle that first..haha.

Ok, scratch that, 1'x8' panel is $90 on that website.....way to much for me. I am sure it is cheaper retail, I have seen it at Sears I know ( $90 for 2 1x8 foot panels, so $180 to cover the same area as a 4x8 pegboard )

Ok, I will have to stick to pegboard.

They work very well serving the purpose and look great. But also very expensive! If money is no object then go for it. You are paying mostly for the great look. In my opinion, they are for city folks showing off their garage.

[img]/forums/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] The key to shop organization is utilizing HEIGHT. Most things in shops like tool boxes and big compressors, require square feet of floor space, so concentrate on getting stuff that DOESN'T have to sit on the floor up and out of the way. [img]/forums/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] That sample shop that was posted looks attractive, but somehow I just cannot visualize myself splitting a tractor in a place like that to replace the clutch. Cutting and welding?...YOW! Grease and crud....EEK! That's more of a lawnmower and bicycle environment, and it had better be an electric mower....not too greasy. [img]/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]
    CJDave

Parker County, Texas and Santa Fe County, NM

Looks real purty, but it's a lot cheaper just to screw OSB on the inside of your pole barn and then nail or screw whatever shelves, hooks, or hangers you want on that.

[img]/forums/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] One of our friends here locally; who has a reputation for being tight with a buck; built a nice addition to his house last year. The addition was constructed such that it also yielded a nice, high-bay attached garage/shop. The walls of that shop are covered with the same material that REEFER VANS have on the inside. it's a white material that seems quite durable, yet attractive. [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    CJDave