Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Rain water hravesting

Re: Rain water hravesting

Egon, I still have aluminum pots and pans but they are coated with a high temp plastic inside. I have several stainless steel pots and pans with thick sole plates of aluminum to more evenly sprread the heat. I have precious few aluminum items that contact food or drink in more than a brief casual manner.

Brief history lesson: During WWII American households were asked to give up their aluminum cookware for the war effort. The aluminum of the pots and pans would require about the same effort as making "new" aluminum of higher quality to refine as required for most war effort uses. SO... the GOV just stored the stuff. There was also the psychological effect of giving up something for the war effort that let the folks at home feel "connected."

After the war the GOV sold the aluminum to companies that melted the aluminum down and made (are you ready for this?) POTS AND PANS. There were plenty of door to door pots and pan salesmen after the war, after all a lot of families were in need of pots and pans having given theirs up for the war effort.

[img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Pat [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    "I'm not from your planet, monkey boy!"

<font color="red"> Why </font color>
    lb
    3 Kubotas
    1 BX23
    2 BX1500s

WHY NOT!
    "I'm not from your planet, monkey boy!"