A drug store in Marlow, huh? Marlow is where I took drivers ed in high school and got my first drivers license and first car. And your mom sounds like our younger daughter. When our youngest got her first drivers license, she took the test in our big old Chrysler Town & Country station wagon (automatic of course), so she'd never driven anything with a manual transmission. A short time later, she applied for a job at a pharmacy. The pharmacist needed someone to both work the counter and to deliver prescriptions, so he asked her if she could drive a manual transmission and she said, "Yes", got the job, rushed home and called our older daughter's boyfriend who had a Datsun Z car and asked him to teach her to drive it. He took her out for about 15 minutes, told her she was going to tear his car up, and no way he was going to let her try again to drive it. [img]/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif[/img] She said she knew that first delivery she made took a lot longer than it should have and the pharmacy's little Datsun pickup did a lot of bucking and stalling, but she got it done, and learned to drive a manual transmission. [img]/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]

I guess overall she did pretty well because a few months later, an elderly gentleman in a Lincoln Towncar pulled out from a stop sign in front of her and she broadsided him and totalled that Datsun. She went to the hospital pretty banged up and bruised, but had her seat belt on and no serious injuries. And that night when I got her home from the hospital, the pharmacist called to see how she was doing, told her he'd have her a new pickup tomorrow, and asked her what color she wanted. [img]/forums/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]