Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: ** FIRST VEHICLES

Re: ** FIRST VEHICLES

Dave, Was floating a requirement or a side effect? Uhhh, I mean for the bug not the mousetrap.

[img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Pat
    "I'm not from your planet, monkey boy!"

[img]/forums/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] I don't recall a "bouyancy" requirement in the original specs, it was most likely an unintended consequence of the unibody design. Handy, yes, but unintended. Interestingly enough, the Frogs were doing design work on a car for the bourgeois in the late thirties and of course it was interrupted by a little thing called the Fall of France in 1940. Later on, work resumed and the incredible slab-sided piece of crap named ............ was produced in stubborn numbers. [img]/forums/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] The bug production numbers were an all-time record, and maybe still are. [img]/forums/images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]
    CJDave

Dave, Do you refer to that ultimate example of automotive beauty and grace, the Gordini? Certainly not the Dauphine with its city beep beep horn and its BLATT BLATT country horn?

[img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Pat [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Ethnic descriptions Dave ??? [img]/forums/images/icons/confused.gif[/img]

Egon

[img]/forums/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] My apologies, Egon. [img]/forums/images/icons/frown.gif[/img]
    CJDave

[img]/forums/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] Pat, I'm not sure of the name. I saw that car on a website that one of my customers accessed. It looked like something that the kids would make in the back yard out of cardboard. The sides were flat and had a shape sort of like the beetle, and the roof had a roll-back-by-hand canvas insert. The windshield wipers were manually operated. [img]/forums/images/icons/crazy.gif[/img] Surely with your superb searchabilities you could locate that website so that we could all see the car. [img]/forums/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
    CJDave

My first vehicle was a 57 Studebaker Golden Hawk, turbocharged, that got 4 miles to the gallon, but back then gas was 20 cents a gallon.

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    57 Studebaker Golden Hawk, turbocharged

[/ QUOTE ]

I sure did want one of those, but couldn't afford it; had to settle for used '57 Silver Hawk. At least it got great gas mileage with a manual transmission with overdrive and the 6-cylinder Champion engine. I still think it was one of the prettiest cars ever built anywhere.

Hey, Dave... Even a blind hog finds an acorn once in a while. My search skills are pretty rudimentary. Success is based on not giving up too easily and or dumb luck.

Look here ===&gt; http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Renault_4CV

[img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Pat [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]