Bird, Company usually got first crack at the platter of fried chicken except for the gizards which my dad and sister would war over. Being the younger child and having an adverse attitude about having a fork impaled into the back of my hand, I stayed out of the way of their going after the gizards and was happy if I could get a drumstick, my then preferred favorite piece.

It is a good thing that I made two pans of cornbread last night as I have made a full crock pot of chili for tonight and invited some folkes over for chilii and cornbread. Too bad your commute distance is so great as this yet another impromptu batch of chili has great promise in the taste department. Since I basically wing it without a recipe and don't record the results I have just a little aprehension until the spice blooming is mostly done and I can get a fair appraisal of the final outcome. An error for just me and the wife wouldn't be too bad but I'd hate to flub for friends and neighbors. So far on a self graded scale of 1 to 10 I have never gone below a 7. I think tonight will be a solid 8 or might creep up to a 9.

[img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Pat [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]