Thread: Behind my house on the Chauga River

Behind my house on the Chauga River

I don't own the land but am fortunate enough to have trodded around on it as a kid and raise my 2 sons on the banks and in this river. In all of my 41 years I have never met the landowner. I hope it never gets sold or developed.

Re: Behind my house on the Chauga River

another shot, the brown thing is my Boykin Spaniel. She is looking for a rock I just tossed in. She is also sitting in my lap in the duckboat on the picture on all of my posts but I dont think the picture is big enough to see her.

O.K. one more please and I'll stop

Looks like a nice place to kick back and relax,even more so during those hot summer months.

Like I'm told I used to say to my Dad when I was a kid "that sure looks like fishin' water!"
    Ian M.
    Transferred to Nova Scotia, retired at the end of June 2009!!! And bought a tractor!!!

The DNR stocks a few places on the river that are Government land and occasionally a few will make it down this far. A few red breasted bream and very small but good catfish. The river also holds a few red-eyed bass, especially in the deeper holes.Here is a link to a website with some of the rivers waterfalls on it. All the falls on this website near Westminster and Walhalla, not all are on Chauga River but are very close to my home. SC & GA. Waterfalls