Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Dump trailer

Re: Dump trailer

Here it is , dumped. It does't strain in the least dumping this much mulch. I don't know how much it will dump, but it already shows me it will dump all I need it to. Mostly it will be used for hauling debri from jobs to the dump. I normally rent a 30 yard dumpster and it will sit there for a week or more then I have to exchange it for an empty. It seems that they never have one when I need it so I have to wait till one comes in. Now I can pull the trailer to the job, load it up and stop by the landfill on my way home.

Please don't laugh at my battery hold down. I have a good battery box at my brothers house, just havn't had the time to run over there. I used some strecthy cord to tie it down till I go get the battery box. Here is the hoist and battery when the trailer is dumped. I hope this helps anyone else who may want a dump trailer. I have almost 1900.00 in it an nearly a week of work. I have had broncitis(sp) and an upper respitory infection so didn't get to work on it a lot. I am nearly well now and have started on another house so the trailer gets used. I have tried to show how I built it and the thought process that I went thru. I know there are some things that aren't perfect and may need tweeking some in the future, but for now I'm very pleased with it.

It looks good and if it does the job who are we to complain?

Good job. [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Looks very nice Nat! I'd be proud to borrow one that looks that good! [img]/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif[/img] (checks Nat's profile for location)
    Gary
    ----------------------------------------------
    Hey! Aren't you supposed to be working?

[img]/forums/images/icons/wink.gif[/img] Dear Gnat, Looking at that trailer I am very impressed with how the axles are set; back far enough to handle the weight of the dumping box, yet the trailer is still relatively close-coupled. If you were able to dump shingles, then the project is definitely a success. Shingles are kind of difficult, if not sometimes impossible. [img]/forums/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
    CJDave