Thread: Dang idiots here we go again

Dang idiots here we go again

Another confirmed case of mad cow disease on a farm in Alabama. I really cannot understand the utter stupidity of the idiots that continue to feed contaminated food products. [img]/forums/images/icons/mad.gif[/img]

Re: Dang idiots here we go again

oh @#$@!

I really don't understand the problem, I thought all feed was babbed from containing the spine and brain material?

Err, well if I assumed that, then you know what that makes me.

Cambridge, New York in beautiful Washington County, next to Vermont

You got that right, Richard!!! This thing can be controlled pretty easily if some people would stop being so stupid!!!! [img]/forums/images/icons/mad.gif[/img]
    Rich
    "What a long strange trip it's been."

An Illness that is so simple yet so hard to eliminate! [img]/forums/images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Makes that earlier discusion on eating beef that you feed yourself look very appealing.

I know this is impossible for most of us.

Egon

I would agree with you, Richard, but do we know how old that cow was, how long the "incubation" period is, how long ago such feed was given to that cow, and whether the person who bought the feed knew it was contaminated?

From what I read the animal was an 'older' cow, maybe older than 10 years. So this animal could very likely have been given the pre-ban feed.

Can any body explain to me how it came about to grind up cattle and feed it to other cattle, what "brain" decided to make a extra $0.50 per carcuss by using the "disgarded - not fit for human consumption" left overs and feed it to grazing animals who were never designed to eat meat. Now that we
    have this in the U.S., our answer to prevention is to outlaw cow protein being feed to Cattle! but we can still feed this cow protein (mixed in feed - What about cross contamination at the mills?) to chickens, horses etc.etc. Last time I looked, most animals we feed grain too are not meat eaters either. and to top it off the cattle industry <font color="red"> IS </font color> allowed to feed <font color="red"> CHICKEN LITTER </font color> to their cattle to boost protein intake. Last time I looked , cattle protein is added to chicken feed. Does anybody think there is a problem with chickens who are allowed to eat cattle protein (possible BSE contaminated), using their droppings to suppliment the feed of cattle. <font color="green"> "DISGUSTING" </font color>
    Suggestion - OUTLAW ALL meat by products in animal feed
    Here is another USDA brainstorm They have only tested 640,000 cattle. They are scheduled to cut back on their testing this year, WHY ? PLUS they won't let private individuals to test their own cattle
    There are 95 million cattle in US, divide that by 640,000
    and that means 1 out of a possible 148 cows in the US have not made it to the "Food Supply" does that mean 147 did get into the "Food Supply"
    That is why I haven't bought beef in years, I have raised my own Natural Grass Feed beef, I originally started raising this beef , for my family consumption( I'm retired) but this has grown year after year, because of the B S E problem, and this is mostly sold to family and friends.
    Buck

Buck
    My tractor is not a toy, its one of many tools of the trade

most intresting post, i didnt know that chicken litter was used in cattle feed.. thats crazy ! is it in the "creep feed" or all mixed feed like beef ration? i feed my mules low proten horse food{thay cant handle the high test}so dont the highland cows thay are all roughage eater.. {field cleaners. love the multiflora rose} thats whay im also rasing "naturaly rasied beef" Rose

Brownmule, Arkansas (Tyson's etc.) and other locations have a huge surplus of chicken litter and it is to their advantage to sell it as a cow feed ingredient. I would like to see Oklahoma ban the import of chicken litter.

Big AG has plenty of clout so don't expect reason to win out easily.

[img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Pat [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    "I'm not from your planet, monkey boy!"